Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

12 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

Yeah this makes sense. A strong NAO/AO with a garbage PAC basically lets you barely tread water in the northeast. Though you could prob do a little better if the block is specifically in the Davis Strait area...

The PAC hopefully gets less hostile by 1/10...even just a mediocre PAC with a good NAO would do pretty well during peak winter temperature climo. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah this makes sense. A strong NAO/AO with a garbage PAC basically lets you barely tread water in the northeast. Though you could prob do a little better if the block is specifically in the Davis Strait area...

The PAC hopefully gets less hostile by 1/10...even just a mediocre PAC with a good NAO would do pretty well during peak winter temperature climo. 

I posted too long for anyone to read about the AO last hour or whenever that was ...

but, in shorter I was dancing around the notion that a strong and deeply D(suppressing)/DT AO may lead the subordinate WPO-EPO and NAO responses... 

We'll see.  But the CPC seems to have corrected the aspect I was bitching about the other day, and with curves seemingly back on line now as of last night... blah blah. But upon doing so, the concerted negative AO is whopper ... It's hard to believe that could verify that way and have the operational runs keep doing what they are doing - something has to give here because the AO is still a part of the Earth's total atmosphere and it shared domain space (geometrically) with those latter three. 

• Like 1