Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

??

Not into the whining about no snow. Seems silly. Can't change the weather so why bother complaining. When something comes along to track then I get excited and invested. When its banal and boring especially in winter there are other interests. January has been forgettable so far but as we know it just takes 1 to make it memorable. Some of my favorite storms were in Jan but I also have lived through many a boring Jan. It is what it is.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Not into the whining about no snow. Seems silly. Can't change the weather so why bother complaining. When something comes along to track then I get excited and invested. When its banal and boring especially in winter there are other interests. January has been forgettable so far but as we know it just takes 1 to make it memorable. Some of my favorite storms were in Jan but I also have lived through many a boring Jan. It is what it is.

yeap, I tend to stay away as the post above this one said, bitch factory.. there are some good posts but also allot of not so good posts, I'm Ok with them, it's quiet and folks gotta vent.. 

9 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

At 300 hours?  Might as well be sunny and Stein....

No matter how you slice the models, you’re not happy. So it’s better for your sanity if you checked out from discussions and turned off all forcecasts...so when you wake up one morning in the future with snow falling, endorphins rushing to your temporal lobe, and you experience this strange phenomena called happiness. It won’t happen any other way. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

No matter how you slice the models, you’re not happy. So it’s better for your sanity if you checked out from discussions and turned off all forcecasts...so when you wake up one morning in the future with snow falling, endorphins rushing to your temporal lobe, and you experience this strange phenomena called happiness. It won’t happen any other way. 

Good candidate for a 5-post

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s funny when peeps melt but the constant bitching is nauseating. We get it, it hasn’t been good the past 25 days (everyone is aware). Yes, ok. Move on. 

Carbon copy of January 2013 and 2015. The bitching is always worse when the pattern isn't garbage but we're still not getting the snowstorms.

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Regardless of what happens, you did a good job of identifying a relatively favorable period.....problem is that the vast majority of favorable periods don't work out.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I said it last night. Icey1929 crashes our economy everytime he logs on, and it’s usually overnight or early mornings when he’s still on his bender. It take us to about the 12z runs before we can recover. 

I'm okay with him...its usually not at a busy time of day, and he's never malicious. But I get why patience is thin with that crap when its busier.