Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2021

40/70 Benchmark

19 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Really....when things were looking pretty bleak, you’re telling everybody to stay positive(which I agreed with you on).  Now it’s looking quite promising(the pattern anyway) and things could be lining up, and you’re going the other way?   

You kind of just took away any shred of credibility/believability/and seriousness to your posting abilities.  

He’s scolded me more in the past 10 days than you have in the past two years. 

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, ScituateWX said:

First memory I had of any storm I think I was 8. All I remember was lots of snow followed by flooding rains, but the winds were so strong I could hardly standup at one point.

Ended as a period of sleet in Wilmington, and then slot...rain got up to about 128.

• Like 1

With that EPO sig, I'd bet we see one or two arctic outbreaks over the next 3 weeks....they won't be our higher end outbreaks since the main PV is on the other side of the globe, but it wouldn't surprise me if we muster some double digits departures for a few days in one of them.

• Like 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

With that EPO ridge there will be a displacement of Arctic air, setting up the Baroclinic clash we have been missing. 

download (39).png

Yeah it may come eventually once the -EPO sets in. But I don't see that quite yet...as far as big long lasting stuff. Maybe some shots of it. He's acting like it was supposed to be very cold at the end of the month, but the guidance wasn't suggesting that here quite yet. It does look closer to normal and below normal and getting maybe progressively colder.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

With that EPO sig, I'd bet we see one or two arctic outbreaks over the next 3 weeks....they won't be our higher end outbreaks since the main PV is on the other side of the globe, but it wouldn't surprise me if we muster some double digits departures for a few days in one of them.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it may come eventually once the -EPO sets in. But I don't see that quite yet...as far as big long lasting stuff. Maybe some shots of it. He's acting like it was supposed to be very cold at the end of the month, but the guidance wasn't suggesting that here quite yet. It does look closer to normal and below normal and getting maybe progressively colder.

Pretty classic signal of a colder regime setting up 

download (40).png

8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s Stein. All anyone cares about is snow. No even normal cold means rainers to Mainers like this weekend 

Normal?  Yesterday's 1° BN broke a 21-day run of ANs, and January is still 7° AN.  Storms obviously can cut despite any antecedent temps, but we'd have a better chance if the thermometer looked more like January.  There's even a chance that we never get below zero this month.  -4 in 2002 is the mildest monthly minimum so far.  (Avg is -22 and median -23.)