• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Mid to Long Term Discussion 2021

jburns

Well, I’m actually from the Raleigh area, and again, I said snow potential, not annual average.

As in, top-end, maximum atmospheric condition.

For the coast, I’d imagine this means bombing, negatively tilted sub-980 triple phaser with 20:1 ratios.

Now, we’ve already seen max potential for the mountains, see 1993.

I’d gander max potential for Currituck is greater than Boone at similar lat as Boone relies on dynamics, uplift, and elevation begotten ratios. Whereas the beach has unlimited moisture supply.

5 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Well, I’m actually from the Raleigh area, and again, I said snow potential, not annual average.

As in, top-end, maximum atmospheric condition.

For the coast, I’d imagine this means bombing, negatively tilted sub-980 triple phaser with 20:1 ratios.

Now, we’ve already seen max potential for the mountains, see 1993.

I’d gander max potential for Currituck is greater than Boone at similar lat as Boone relies on dynamics, uplift, and elevation begotten ratios. Whereas the beach has unlimited moisture supply.

The mountains have had bigger storms than 93. 

Just now, burrel2 said:

Wasn’t there a freakishly odd nwfs event a while ago(10 years?) where robbinsville got like 60 inches? 

Yep, newfound gap had 60 inches in April of all times. And there have been many other snow events of over 2 feet in the mountains. 93 was the greatest 24 hour storm but not the biggest totals in history 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StantonParkHoya said:

Objectively, no, no they haven’t. That’s why we have record books.

Objectively, someone who knows Jack about NC weather would think the OBX have higher snow potential than 6,000 ft mountains that have storms of 2 to 3 feet every decade or so. Record books teach us this. 

• Haha 2