Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Medium/Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If the block is legit, we should be seeing some suppressed outcomes across ens guidance. I cant imagine the upgraded GFS/GEFS would be much different.

Even with a block you need to time correctly placed confluence and ULLs in se Canada. Especially since this would potentially be the first wave and won’t have the prime air mass yet. Compare the OP progression between the gfs and euro and you’ll see why they are each doing what they are doing. Gfs sucks though and will cave in a run or two 

9 minutes ago, CAPE said:

If the block is legit, we should be seeing some suppressed outcomes across ens guidance. I cant imagine the upgraded GFS/GEFS would be much different.

I think the suppressed storms are more likely in the Jan 15-20 period. Still not in range. Let’s hope we have snow OTG by then and we can relax and enjoy the ride. 

• Like 3

Just now, psuhoffman said:

I think the suppressed storms are more likely in the Jan 15-20 period. Still not in range. Let’s hope we have snow OTG by then and we can relax and enjoy the ride. 

I was mostly questioning his perception of why seeing no signs of suppression is  a good thing on ensemble runs at this range, regardless of model, given the storm tracks have all been to our NW.

lol people need to chill.

CAPE IS NOT TRYING TO INDUCE PANIC HERE. ALL IS WELL. THINGS LOOK GOOD!!!!

Damn I went all DT there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

16 minutes ago, CAPE said:

I was mostly questioning his perception of why seeing no signs of suppression is  a good thing on ensemble runs at this range, regardless of model, given the storm tracks have all been to our NW.

lol people need to chill.

CAPE IS NOT TRYING TO INDUCE PANIC HERE. ALL IS WELL. THINGS LOOK GOOD!!!!

Damn I went all DT there.

We’ve had a lot of storm tracks to our south.

What happens if we get zero snow with this hyped up best since 1996 pattern setting up? @Ji would March up to the peak of Mount Everest and jump without a parachute, @leesburg 04 would be in a helicopter snapping photos of the Jump, @psuhoffman would be dusting off BC era weather archives trying to explain why we suck, and Bob Chill would say, “I tried to tell you guys...”

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yep..and Eps started the party off right at 144 hr :guitar:

7 minutes ago, Wentzadelphia said:

Much better confluence setup on 00z gfs at 99 hours so far. Should end up decreasing the ridge out ahead of any system

Question for anyone.  How does confluence impact geopotential height?

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic