Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Medium/Long Range Disco Thread

yoda

2 minutes ago, Ji said:

GFS trying to kill our pattern off towards the end :(

lucikly gefs no agree

gfs_z500a_namer_65.png

Of course you are already beyond the nice pattern looks thru 12 days. Doubt it just breaks down like the op....it is basically by itself in that thinking. But hey, nothing lasts forever...eventually it will end. Let's get a warning criteria under our belts at least before we start talking pattern destruction, sun angle, etc etc. This is our time right now....savor it.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Of course you are already beyond the nice pattern looks thru 12 days. Doubt it just breaks down like the op....it is basically by itself in that thinking. But hey, nothing lasts forever...eventually it will end. Let's get a warning criteria under our belts at least before we start talking pattern destruction, sun angle, etc etc. This is our time right now....savor it.

i mean i was just wondering why the last storm cut---i wasnt looking for a pattern breakdown....but i thought it was odd that the final storm cut and now i know why lol. 

Just now, Ji said:

i mean i was just wondering why the last storm cut---i wasnt looking for a pattern breakdown....but i thought it was odd that the final storm cut and now i know why lol. 

You're too nervous about the breakdown you should worry more that most of our updates are coming from Mets in North Carolina 

• Haha 3

there is a chance this -NAO pattern fails and the GFS shows why. There is hardly any cold air. Even with great storm tracks, everything is still very marginal.

there is no place in the USA or even Canada that is uncomfortably cold here on this image during the coldest part of winter.

gfs_T2m_namer_51.png

• Weenie 1

Just now, Ji said:

there is a chance this -NAO pattern fails and the GFS shows why. There is hardly any cold air. Even with great storm tracks, everything is still very marginal.

there is no place in the USA that is uncomfortably cold here on this image during the coldest part of winter.

gfs_T2m_namer_51.png

Go re-read your FB post from this morning...relax dude we can't control the weather 

6 minutes ago, Ji said:

there is no place in the USA or even Canada that is uncomfortably cold here on this image during the coldest part of winter.

gfs_T2m_namer_51.png

Blame it on the "new warm background state".. lol.. the one that features -80 degree temps and 1020 highs across siberia

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic