Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Winter 2020-2021 whining thread

BullCityWx

32 minutes ago, eyewall said:

I am 44 and this is definitely among the worst I have seen.

I’m just shy of 52 and this is a normal winter for me here in the south. ‘04-‘09 were a horrible 6 years, ‘12 and ‘13 sucked, ‘15 until today.....still sucking. You’ve had snow. It isn’t the worst you’ve seen, ‘06 and ‘19 was only a trace there. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, buckeyefan1 said:

I’m just shy of 52 and this is a normal winter for me here in the south. ‘04-‘09 were a horrible 6 years, ‘12 and ‘13 sucked, ‘15 until today.....still sucking. You’ve had snow. It isn’t the worst you’ve seen, ‘06 and ‘19 was only a trace there. 

I am referring to the extended stretch of 30's and rain.

3 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

51 here too and I have to agree!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, buckeyefan1 said:

Last time we had snow cover the ground was in 2018. That's 3 years in a row for no snow. If you have had snow on the ground this year, count yourself lucky.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Actually I am perfectly happy with today.  I awoke to trees with a shiny glaze of ice that reminded me it was still winter.  By noon most of it had melted.  But just a few miles north trees came crashing down, accidents were numerous and power is out possibly for several days.

No, considering all that I am perfectly fine with how today turned out.

So... since winter is done, I’m thinking of planning a nice spring getaway for the family . Suggestions for a place, pretty rural,  maybe we haven’t been before, where we could see lots of spring blooms, especially azaleas, but still have some nice cool mornings?  Prefer to stay within about three hours of Greenville SC... otherwise I’d just go back to my hometown of Thomasville GA. ❤️ 

15 hours ago, Waitingfor88 said:

So... since winter is done, I’m thinking of planning a nice spring getaway for the family . Suggestions for a place, pretty rural,  maybe we haven’t been before, where we could see lots of spring blooms, especially azaleas, but still have some nice cool mornings?  Prefer to stay within about three hours of Greenville SC... otherwise I’d just go back to my hometown of Thomasville GA. ❤️ 

Have you been to the Biltmore? If you like hiking I would say to head to Grayson Highlands State Park in southwest VA. Damascus is close by and the AT runs thru the town and the park and it's a beautiful area.

• Thanks 1