Total Members
    Most Online
    alexmiller
    Newest Member
    alexmiller

Christmas Eve 2020 Snow Potential

28 minutes ago, Gino27 said:

image.thumb.png.4c1b254c200e89f1c74f73609d162179.png

Well... there's this. Idk if I've laughed this hard in a while.

woah I can't find the Kuchera ratio on weathemodels for Euro, that's crazy lol

6-8" is about what I expected when the storm wound down, and so the reports are around that. Grand Marais well up the shore near the border ended with almost a foot, and winds hit 70mph. Big tree was felled over Hwy 61. Good wind maker of a storm, lacking in the snow dept tho for my town.

Next up is in about a week with some Lake effect on tap with the next wave for the area here.

• Like 1

Christmas miracle storm today for Toronto and surrounding areas including Hamilton, Niagara county and Kitchener. Potential for 4-8" (10-20cm) by tomorrow morning. There will be an intense but brief (1-3 hour) burst of heavy snow later this evening as the deformation band moves through the area. Temps are crashing everywhere.

Let it snow! :snowing:

• Like 1

Over an inch already and expected to snow through-out the night. Heaviest snow should start creeping its way towards the GTA after 9pm.

Gonna be a White Christmas. :snowing: 

• Like 2

Heading to bed with now just over 8cm or a little over 3". Went for a long walk with the fiancé and the dog in it an hour ago.

For this to be the biggest storm of the year (in my backyard) we just have to get over 15.5cm. A lot of the models were showing over 8" here by tomorrow afternoon so looks like the biggest storm of the season for me will coincide with Christmas. 

Merry Christmas everyone. 

• Like 1

Snow began to fall around 10:45 p.m. and quickly accumulated. What a Christmas treat and yet another example of how models cannot be trusted until the last minute.  For as frustrating as the season has seemed so far, the November 30th snowstorm started as I was out cutting down a christmas tree, I had an outdoor christmas event the night of December 16th during that snowfall, and now a Christmas Eve night snowfall has begun which may surprise many locally by tmrw. 

20201224_235631.jpg

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

Snow began to fall around 10:45 p.m. and quickly accumulated. What a Christmas treat and yet another example of how models cannot be trusted until the last minute.  For as frustrating as the season has seemed so far, the November 30th snowstorm started as I was out cutting down a christmas tree, I had an outdoor christmas event the night of December 16th during that snowfall, and now a Christmas Eve night snowfall has begun which may surprise many locally by tmrw. 

20201224_235631.jpg

Sweet! 2004 was on the 23rd iirc. Similar deal. Ann Arbor was like 6+, not a flake back my way. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

Hrrr was clearly too far west. You can tell that with the bank structure on the radar.

Bad take, per usual.

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, RogueWaves said:

Sweet! 2004 was on the 23rd iirc. Similar deal. Ann Arbor was like 6+, not a flake back my way. Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

Thank you and Merry Christmas! This is one of those dime a dozen snowfalls, but to fall starting on Christmas Eve night makes it magical. The excitement of kids waking up to fresh snow and Santa has come :snowing:

1.5" of powder and should see an afternoon uptick. Already 3.5" near port huron. they may get 6 after gfs had not a flake yesterday at this time.

FB_IMG_1608902314605.jpg

• Like 5

Measured 4.1" (10.5cm) this morning. Storm underperformed probably due to poor snow growth. Nonetheless, it's a winter wonderland.

Merry Christmas everyone! :snowing:

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

What a fun surprise event in eastern Michigan.  Absolutely postcard Christmas weather. Snowing beautifully all day, probably around 3" now. With temperatures in the upper teens to low twenties it's pure powder.

20201225_151948.jpg

Not sure how to do it in a time efficient way, but it would be interesting to figure out how many times Detroit has gotten to 10" of snow for the season before Chicago got to 1"

14 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Not sure how to do it in a time efficient way, but it would be interesting to figure out how many times Detroit has gotten to 10" of snow for the season before Chicago got to 1"

not sure but xmacis may help. 

its pouring snow now in the last band.

20201225_154218.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/24/2020 at 3:02 PM, Angrysummons said:

Hrrr was clearly too far west. You can tell that with the bank structure on the radar.

Don't you ever get tired about being wrong about everything?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2