• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    allwebpost
    Newest Member
    allwebpost

Dec 16-17 obs/nowcast thread

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

It usually doesn't!  But I kept holdiing out hope.  Even affter the brief south trend yesterday, we kept having these deform bands showing up across south central nh.  Did you get your foot at least?

I did.

1 minute ago, klw said:

Another inch in the past 15-20 minutes.

Nice--we're not as  good as that, but we've picked up enough since I've been up that I'm eager to get dressed for some accurate measurements.  Between October and even the disappointing event a couple weekends ago, the 20-21 season is off to a great start.  Granted it's been downright balmy outside the snow.

I thought that first picture from Binghamton was a buried Pope.

About 7-8" here.  31.5*     Not sure how much if any we sleeted, but it's definitely compacted.  CF looks like it's right along 95, hopefully crashes soon

12 minutes ago, S&P said:

Portsmouth RI. mixed rain snow, 33.1/32. woke up at 3 and we had flipped to liquid then, eyballing 3-4" total with all the drifting

That may have compacted overnight. I was in the 6-8” range earlier overnight.

Thankful it never really fully changed to rain or sleet here in Bristol. Of course as usual most of the heavy stuff stayed north of here after the first few bands went through.

Maybe an inch or so here in Wickford RI on the water's edge. Switched to rain before dawn. 34ºF/32º

Between the gusty winds out of the NE and water temps, not much chance for any accumulation here.

Just now, kocab said:

Maybe an inch or so here in Wickford RI on the water's edge. Switched to rain before dawn. 34ºF/32º

Between the gusty winds out of the NE and water temps, not much chance for any accumulation here.

You aren't snowing now? That's odd I thought it was all snow n of here.

13 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

My eyeballs deceived me. Measured 12 weenies. After the first fluffy 8-10, there’s a sandy compacted 2-4 in there. Shoveling was a bitch compared to last night. 

Nice Luke 

5 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Just crushed from NW of ALB over to here.  Deform has been sitting there for hours...

WUNIDS_map?num=6&type=N0R&mapx=400&mapy=240&brand=wui&delay=15&frame=0&scale=1&transx=0&transy=0&severe=0&smooth=0&centerx=400&centery=240&station=ENX&rainsnow=0&lightning=0&noclutter=0&showlabels=1&showstorms=0&rand=26803790

Would have loved that when I lived in clifton park.  

3 minutes ago, NeonPeon said:

You aren't snowing now? That's odd I thought it was all snow n of here.

All rain here (maybe mixed with ice pellets). ~15 mile NE fetch across the bay here. Winds warm up blowing across the water this time of year I guess.