• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Dec 5/6th major coastal/ west Atlantic cyclogenesis ...?

Typhoon Tip

8 minutes ago, wdrag said:

Let's keep trying to get in the ball park... Cant be absolutely sure on my taker but I like the way things are going.  M PING has snow in se NYS (Ulster County).  Are those Wachusetts Cameras live???  Two of them look good... if someone can answer that one.  Thank you.

Yeah the Wachusett webcams are usually live. The HD summit cam is a good one that points up the mountain. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, wdrag said:

The only reason i dont post in New England sub forum... I wouldn't have time for family day-day and I am Covid furloughed .. once I return to PT work in the spring, my posts even NYC will be far fewer. Just fortunate that we're still in good health.  Later..

Glad you are healthy.  Good insight on the winds.  Thanks for dropping in. Have to love dynamic cooling situations.  Nothing cooler than looking up through raindrops and seeing millions of snowflakes descending down to isotherm the column. Going 3 to 5 here in Moosup at 515 ft. 6 to 10 Killingly Foster just up the road at 735 feet

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

Ok..so I do have cat paws now mixing in with the rain. Getting my Skylight and you can see the melting as they hit the Skylight. They seem to be getting more mixed into the rain than they were about 10 minutes ago. I guess we're about on track maybe a little earlier for my area

You’re in Avon right?

7 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Glad you are healthy.  Good insight on the winds.  Thanks for dropping in. Have to love dynamic cooling situations.  Nothing cooler than looking up through raindrops and seeing millions of snowflakes descending down to isotherm the column. Going 3 to 5 here in Moosup at 515 ft. 6 to 10 Killingly Foster just up the road at 735 feet

Notre on my caution: This is changing faster than I thought at elevation.  It may go back and forth for a while but my amounts may be too conservative at elevation... It is going to pound for a while late this morning-afternoon up there.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Agree. I like 2-4 here but I could see bust potential either way, thermal issues are always fun to forecast

1 minute ago, Modfan2 said:

Wow at the returns in S ORH County right now, is this the area where the banding sets up?

Some of this bright banding... WET-icy snowflakes---greater reflectivity. That tells you a change in precipitation phase for awhile  The banding S+ i think may be a little softer but yellow or greater band(s) later on.  

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Oh. That means you’re close to flipping unless he’s got elevation on you 

If we flip this early..obviously that’s a good sign going forward. 

2 minutes ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I'm up about 450' . It's getting closer to flipping over. I can now visibly see some big flakes. 

Wow, that’s good to hear. You got about 125 ft on me if that, so I should be seeing some flakes soon as well. 

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

If we flip this early..obviously that’s a good sign going forward. 

Wow, that’s good to hear. You got about 125 ft on me if that, so I should be seeing some flakes soon as well. 

It's trying very hard. Lot of huge flakes now coming down with the rain. About to leave for work I'm heading to West Hartford. Curious how it will be there as opposed to here when I get home at 4