Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Jer.. my man. I truly hope you’re right about a big middle of month on thru the end. Just super gunshy this year . Gut instinct tells me not to invest in these big ideas. 

Listen.. I could truly see what you're saying, especially what happened last season. That took a lot of people ( and most Mets ) by surprise. But, this is not 2019/2020. It is ok to be prepared for the worst but also hope for the best. At least this year we are seeing things play out in the right direction. And hell, even if December turns out not to be a stellar snow month, I will still have faith that we will see a good, even awesome storm or two this season. There is really no telling exactly what will happen as the weather will do what it may, even with all the modeling available. But, I've also had my shares of surprises over my 48 years on this earth when it comes to to the weather. I for one will not go about it in a negative fashion. Here's hoping that this Winter will satisfy all!

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

The melts today are lol... it’s bleeping November 29th. 

This is the equivalent of Scott throwing up his hands and turning the game off after the opposing team kicks a field goal with 12 minutes left in the 1st quarter 

Lol..But not even, cuz technically the game hasn’t even started yet, even if you are going by MET Winter.  So dam silly. 

• Confused 1

29 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

We’ve been basically shut out of any snow since 2016 in MD. And that whole winter sucked outside the HECS. Basically it never snows there unless it’s 2-3 feet in a single storm every 7-10 years. 3-5/4-6 storms are very rare. It’s all boom or bust now. 

January 2019? I believe we had a southern slider that dropped 6-12 in the mid Atlantic

16 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

This is the equivalent of Scott throwing up his hands and turning the game off after the opposing team kicks a field goal with 12 minutes left in the 1st quarter 

I threw my hands up after Brady left. Now I watch the team and throw up. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah next weekend def looks a bit different than even the 00z cycle and a lot different than yesterday’s 12z cycle. Still a tough ask for snow with the antecedent airmass but if things break perfectly you can’t rule it out. That change we’ve seen is step one in completing the Hail Mary. 

Oh geez ... snow?   snow - ... I mean it could be f'n sunny .. .

once the continuity blew up yeah my point is no one knows.    you don't

not you personally you know what mean tho -

The PNA rise/mode change argues for something in the 70-80W by 50-35N box with wiggle room obviously...  and in a marginal atmosphere ...there isn't any wiggle room...   Anyway, I don't think it's apt to sunny ( that's kidding..) but there is huge uncertainty duh

39 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It’s a compulsion that derives from the fear that is rooted in the trauma of winters past that always promised rewards for patience but never delivered anything but tragedy and grief. 

51 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

January 2019? I believe we had a southern slider that dropped 6-12 in the mid Atlantic

We did? Maybe further south. It’s better to be in RIC and VA Beach these days than BWI region. Definitely not in my area. I haven’t used my snowblower since Jan 2016 and I always use it over 4 inches or so. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

If you find another bottle of that Tincture you may be feeling so good , you be seeing as much snow as Bastardi does 

For the past 10 years I’ve not allowed snow or lack thereof influence quality of life.  Would like to find some CBD with none to minimal THC.  Have to wait until we return which should be in about a week.  May have to come back pretty soon thereafter tho so we want to make sure the dog can come. 

So if something cuts hopefully we’ll be in Chicago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

MD has been in the warm/wet and cool/dry pattern for many years now. Things like enso state and NAO don’t even matter. They come and go but the overall pattern remains the same. Something else is driving the climate bus for sure. 

You guys(BWI) blew a massive load in 2010 and then in the one monster 2016 blizzard.  So it’s over for a Couple decades down there.  

But now you’re in NH, and it’s all gonna be fine in not too long...you’ll see. 

• Weenie 2

55 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

The fact that virtually no one remembers it tells us everything we need to know. The region hasn’t had a good overall winter since like 13-14 (and me personally). We did have the 2016 blizzard and the end of the 2014-15 season but those two were surrounded by garbage. 

I’m kind of crazy. I spent $750,000 to get some snow (and because of COVID). It better snow here damn it. :)  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

Actually ends up bombigen’ed pretty good near Portland Maine but

“Bun”lieve it or not that could’ve taken place sooner…

It tried to escape a bit of the vestigial southern stream and attendant early convective out to sea ...slows the inevitable from happening - it probably in reality would take place sooner that’s a deep humdinger there but ooph

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Actually ends up bombigen’ed pretty good near Portland Maine but

“Bun”lieve it or not that could’ve taken place sooner…

It tried to escape a bit of the vestigial southern stream and attendant early convective out to sea ...slows the inevitable from happening - it probably in reality would take place sooner that’s a deep humdinger there but ooph

Thought that was a crazy hook, but it at 500mb it looks like the original low goes  up into NS and another low forms near the cape and bombs in the gulf of ME.

Probably worth watching that 4.5D foreground curling neutral under LI for shits and giggles ... it’s been consistent in recent cycles and swipes evolving albeit quick hitter CCB head of chilly rains SE heading into blue bomb climo .., wouldn’t take a whole helluva lot to parachute 

5 minutes ago, Amped said:

Thought that was a crazy hook, but it at 500mb it looks like the original low goes  up into NS and another low forms near the cape and bombs in the gulf of ME.

I posted about this earlier… The northern stream has not been handled very inconsistently ...earlier in the day the runs almost completely abandon any northern stream involvement at all and here some of these 0Z runs bring it back big time cut in and still day 6+

..,so you know this could be an on off deal for the next couple days

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I posted about this earlier… The northern stream has not been handled very inconsistently ...earlier in the day the runs almost completely abandon any northern stream involvement at all and here some of these 0Z runs or bringing it back big time cut in and still day 6+

..,so you know this could be an on off deal for the next couple days

Check out the 00z Canadian for an even wilder scenario, snowstorm from Philly to Maine, and an absolute monster for the NW crew 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 3