Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You probably don’t know but all SNE sites avg a snowfall in Nov of various amounts 

So... Great posts man. I love what you bring to the table. Appreciate all your optimism. This forum wouldn't be the same without you... Haha. I guess we need a few scrooges on here to keep it real. Can't wait until that first big one this season. Wont be long. 

• Weenie 2

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

You probably don’t know but all SNE sites avg a snowfall in Nov of various amounts 

Dude...stop It.  

Everybody knows it’s not a winter  month period.  The fact that we’ve had no snow in November this year, is not a big deal nor surprising.  Some years we get an event...sometimes a couple.  But most times not, And that is the point. 

Why must everything be so misleading with you? 

• Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

6 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Dude...stop It.  

Everybody knows it’s not a winter  month period.  The fact that we’ve had no snow in November this year, is not a big deal nor surprising.  Some years we get an event...sometimes a couple.  But most times not, And that is the point. 

Why must everything be so misleading with you? 

Why must you always babble and bark at the moon? 

• Haha 8

24 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Ya cuz SNE always has lots of snow in November on a regular basis....lmao. 

I’ve seen a lot of winters where this kind of sarcastic refrain is repeated all of December and into January and then really starts to strain credulity before fading away as reality sets in even for the diehards...

1 minute ago, PhineasC said:

They have been screwed for sure. They are lumped in with NNE but I have about 15 inches here so far. They have like 1”?

I'm just giving them shit, they'll blow by me soon enough. It's still early all around, I think you'll be surprised how quickly it picks up where you are.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I’ve seen a lot of winters where this kind of sarcastic refrain is repeated all of December and into January and then really starts to strain credulity before fading away as reality sets in even for the diehards...

Precisely. Typically what happens in NE is if you lose Dec , you lose the winter. Not always, but usually .

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Relax...it’s 11/29. 

I come from a place where we have just a handful of weeks to score a decent storm. Punting entire months because of the “pattern” really hurts, and the idea that said punting is somehow a good thing and we just need patience is often shown to be folly come March.

I guess I can just commiserate with the weenies on this point. 

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

I come from a place where we have just a handful of weeks to score a decent storm. Punting entire months because of the “pattern” really hurts, and the idea that said punting is somehow a good thing and we just need patience is often shown to be folly come March.

I guess I can just commiserate with the weenies on this point. 

Well you ain’t in that place now!  You’re worries are unfounded at this point..especially where you live.  

32 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They have been screwed for sure. They are lumped in with NNE but I have about 15 inches here so far. They have like 1”?

Outside of seeing snow for hunting in Nov, I don't care if we get any until mid december heading into Jan, But i would prefer some cold right now.

I'd go 1960/2011, or 1960/2007/2011 as the blend for December going by recent conditions and what the models show. Should be an interesting month. 1959/1988 have the right feel to me for December, but they don't really look like November. 1960/2011, and 1960/2007/2011 actually match on a lot of things, +NAO November/November look, identical SOI, similar SSTs, the current CFS monthly depiction and so on. I'd warm up either blend outside the NW by 1-2 degrees though.

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Outside of seeing snow for hunting in Nov, I don't care if we get any until mid december heading into Jan, But i would prefer some cold right now.

Yep, that would be good at least. I can’t wait for the ground to freeze. I have so much standing water here and it will be even worse after Tuesday. My field is basically a mud pit. 

Just now, PhineasC said:

Yep, that would be good at least. I can’t wait for the ground to freeze. I have so much standing water here and it will be even worse after Tuesday. My field is basically a mud pit. 

Its awful, Been in the woods all month and a lot mud and ponding water everywhere, Will end up with 6"+ of rainfall for the month after this next one.

• Like 1

The thing is, ensembles nailed this hideous end of November into early December pattern. Hasn’t been a surprise. I’m just glad that the pattern clearly shows a break and changes after first week of Dec. we’ve had many a winter where it sticks around and then you are screwed. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The thing is, ensembles nailed this hideous end of November into early December pattern. Hasn’t been a surprise. I’m just glad that the pattern clearly shows a break and changes after first week of Dec. we’ve had many a winter where it sticks around and then you are screwed. 

It shows a 5 to at most 10 day break before reverting to what we have now