• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
December 2020 Discussion

40/70 Benchmark

SUNY MM5 was like Freak’s ARW for me. It was my last resort when all else failed. You could also dig deep into the old SREF members to find an eta or rsm solution you liked. The NGM was always good for downslope weenies because it was coarse enough to gloss over any meso aspects. Wraparound snows for days SE of the mtns too. 

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I didn’t know we were doing a feast before 12z came through. Subforums up and down the East Coast grabbing buns and laying it on thick. 

giphy.gif?cid=82a1493bq9j20ny8pov4iip0mo

Yeah gfs, euro, icon, cmc, ensembles, its like a big hot dog party. But seriously things couldn't look much better than this in the mid to long term. Great look. Welcome.

27 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

9.4" for me! Sucks that you're getting 1.1 more than me but I'll take it.

I don't know why you guys are using all these inaccurate crude models when WU tells you how much snow you're getting down to the 1/10" up to 10 days out 

I thought this was a joke until I just checked and see that they are forecasting 10.3" for me!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

TBH, I am okay with forgoing the PNA....I think this is a pattern that should target NE, and really reduce the likelihood of a whiff.

I hope the 50-50 isn't too suppressive for some of us, but so far it doesn't look that way.  It seems far enough north to not shove everything out to the south.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Almost , but that has seemed like critical mileage in years past 

Agree....conversely, the mileage to the south is only critical under very select circumstances.

2007-2008 and 2000-2001 are the only times in my life, off the top of my head...

47 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

The addiction is real...

I keep thinking that Dec 16 is 2 weeks away, or even 10 days.

It's only like 6.5, so we are getting at least within sniffing distance.  We ride some ensembles for a few more days

Sniffing distance yes, but be careful...could be the turd in the punch bowl that we're smelling 

• Like 1