• Member Statistics

    16,249
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Stoverseed
    Newest Member
    Stoverseed
    Joined
George BM

November Banter 2020

Recommended Posts

Just now, Chris78 said:

2 hour wait in Smithsburg to vote. Crazy. Never seen it like this.

That long of a wait must mean that a cold and snowy DJF is coming.

  • Weenie 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It has been averaging in the 30s and 40s for lows the past 2 weeks here in central Texas. I think this bodes well for the Mid Atlantic. You guys should average 20 degrees below normal for nighttime lows, like we have been. For us, these are super freezing cold temps at night, akin to Dale City getting 13 degree lows every night this time of year. I want you guys to be ice age cold, but not us. We depend on a long growing season down here.

I hope that this is only a blip for us. If it turns out to be a long term trend, this winter down in the Deep South could be Deep Trouble. We are not insulated for that kind of weather. I have livestock too, and they are definitely not used to super cold weather. My life down here is slightly different to how I once lived in Dale City, lol, and I am enjoying it. Should have done it 40 years ago!

Last night, we hit 38 AGAIN! You'd never imagine our normal low is 56. We just dont get return warm humid air from the GoMex any more. Some fool built an 8 mile high wall all along the Gulf of Mexico and we cant warm up any more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Jebman said:

It has been averaging in the 30s and 40s for lows the past 2 weeks here in central Texas. I think this bodes well for the Mid Atlantic. You guys should average 20 degrees below normal for nighttime lows, like we have been. For us, these are super freezing cold temps at night, akin to Dale City getting 13 degree lows every night this time of year. I want you guys to be ice age cold, but not us. We depend on a long growing season down here.

I hope that this is only a blip for us. If it turns out to be a long term trend, this winter down in the Deep South could be Deep Trouble. We are not insulated for that kind of weather. I have livestock too, and they are definitely not used to super cold weather. My life down here is slightly different to how I once lived in Dale City, lol, and I am enjoying it. Should have done it 40 years ago!

Last night, we hit 38 AGAIN! You'd never imagine our normal low is 56. We just dont get return warm humid air from the GoMex any more. Some fool built an 8 mile high wall all along the Gulf of Mexico and we cant warm up any more.

yup... Looks good in Texas!

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, 40westwx said:

yup... Looks good in Texas!

OK today is a little better down here. Good southerly winds, dewpoints up in the upper 40s instead of the frigid low 30s for a change. Wow, this place is changing markedly. It takes us 2 weeks to warm up! Thats more like Washington DC then south central Texas lmao.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2020 at 5:25 PM, losetoa6 said:

My guess is @nw baltimore wx:lol:

Thanks for the props!! I was actually backpacking in Dolly Sods again. Cold and windy as all get out yesterday,, but today was spectacular. The whole trip was great.

Working on the second and third sheets to the wind now. Here’s a pic from the this morning with the smoke from our fire hanging over the creek.

image.jpeg.ad8962a1c28c3fbc17b120f12fc3b09a.jpeg

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Thanks for the props!! I was actually backpacking in Dolly Sods again. Cold and windy as all get out yesterday,, but today was spectacular. The whole trip was great.

Working on the second and third sheets to the wind now. Here’s a pic from the this morning with the smoke from our fire hanging over the creek.

image.jpeg.ad8962a1c28c3fbc17b120f12fc3b09a.jpeg

Looks like the Alaskan wilderness during its first frost in August.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thanks for the props!! I was actually backpacking in Dolly Sods again. Cold and windy as all get out yesterday,, but today was spectacular. The whole trip was great.
Working on the second and third sheets to the wind now. Here’s a pic from the this morning with the smoke from our fire hanging over the creek.
image.jpeg.ad8962a1c28c3fbc17b120f12fc3b09a.jpeg

Big Stone Coal?


.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Looks like the Alaskan wilderness during its first frost in August.

I’m not sure what you know of Dolly Sods, but your words are echoed by so many in that the area has some commonalities to fauna of Alaska. It’s such a beautiful area.

59 minutes ago, WeatherShak said:

Big Stone Coal?

Blackbird Knob near the intersection of Harman. The best part of the trip is that all mud yesterday, and even today in the shade, was frozen enough to not sink ankle deep. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Blackbird Knob near the intersection of Hartman. The best part of the trip is that all mud yesterday, and even today in the shade, was frozen enough to not sink ankle deep. 

That’s incredible. Probably saved you some time walking too. Gorgeous pic.


.
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Great discussion in here, as always.

I am done....just waiting for the election dust to settle and I will present.

I think that content moderation is on high alert because no one has made a peep about the election.. I guess people are scared.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 40westwx said:

I think that content moderation is on high alert because no one has made a peep about the election.. I guess people are scared.

There are other places to talk politics. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, MN Transplant said:

I mean, this is a weather board, and this is basically the most boring (but nice) weather there is.

True. But banter can be non weather discussion. Beer and stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

More extreme fear mongering.  Very misleading headline.  They say 1st " OUTBREAK " but its literally 2 positive cases that the Carroll  county health dept has under control. Highschool is supposed to return Thursday in person but I'm betting big money they pull the rug out last minute yet again . The Carroll county superintendent said himself there's NO PROOF that Covid  is spreading in the schools . Families should have the right of choice... period . 

 

PhotoPictureResizer_201106_203256912_crop_1412x1163.jpg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

yeah . state of maryland is going open up emissions testing- but allows MOCO to close private industry.!? bars , auto re[air, restaurants, etc..  people  will take their money to other county’s ?  yeah moco hates private industry.   

‘if your in private industry you know,. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

More extreme fear mongering.  Very misleading headline.  They say 1st " OUTBREAK " but its literally 2 positive cases that the Carroll  county health dept has under control. Highschool is supposed to return Thursday in person but I'm betting big money they pull the rug out last minute yet again . The Carroll county superintendent said himself there's NO PROOF that Covid  is spreading in the schools . Families should have the right of choice... period . 

The media has basically lost all credibility. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.