Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Wednesday, October 7, 2020 Convective Potential

weatherwiz

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Didn't use long enough nails? Also probably hasn't had time to "stick" together like they do after some time

It wasn't asphalt shingles it was polycarb panels, I told the guy to put some adhesive in addition to the screws but he didn't, Ill have to get him back to fix it the right way. The new asphalt shingles on the rest of the house held up fine.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cmon dude be real, how many branches did you lose? I mean WxWatcher007 even said it was meh. The best was thru Mass and  north of you. Data is data your hype isn't. 

Of course Mass was epicenter. They’re how CT was after Iglesias. 3-10 days no power . But CT had gusts 40-60 border to border 

Outages: 240k MA 210k NY 41k RI 25k CT

For MA that number is comparable to the outages in Isaias. With no pre-staging of power crews some people might be without power for a few days.

Statewide a higher end t-storm event for sure. Very rare to get a line that impacts that much of the state.

11 hours ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah the wind signal is rather eye opening in virtually all the area. On almost all guidance too. Also, any heavy shower will be able to have very strong winds.

Props for the solid call dude.  All morning on here you were banging the high wind stuff.  Even clearly said take the over on those weenie wind maps that Whinemister posted, which is rare to hear from a met regarding those products.

But high-end official ASOS gusts from ALB to BOS after this morning's posts.... you take the W today on the board.  Cap tip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Props for the solid call dude.  All morning on here you were banging the high wind stuff.  Even clearly said take the over on those weenie wind maps that Whinemister posted, which is rare to hear from a met regarding those products.

But high-end official ASOS gusts from ALB to BOS after this morning's posts.... you take the W today on the board.  Cap tip.

Well to be fair, I was banking on more synoptic stuff outside of convection too. That didn’t really happen. The convective stuff took over. Maybe that’s what bufkit was trying to show me as it went nuts just before the line hit.