• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
NNE Cold Season Thread 2020-2021

wxeyeNH

Just got a short light snow squall down here in the Hudson valley. It was almost 50 degrees out and sunny before the squall and it is now sunny again. Probably the warmest temp snow I’ve ever experienced. Makes me think hard about the times I had mixing at single digit temps in the past. 

12 minutes ago, bch2014 said:

Phin/Alex-What is your total?

It’s blown around a lot and settled but about 5-7 inches last 2 days I’d wager. It’s not easy to measure this stuff with the “stick the ruler in the pile” method. The snow yesterday morning was getting torched by the solar input basically as fast as it fell, for example. 

CoCoRaHS neighbor had 5.2" as of 0700 this morning. Probably added 2-3 or so since then.

In a lull now, we will see what transpires later.

• Like 1

One flurry here that didn't whiten anything.  Radar looks better than here in every direction except upwind.  This area is great at eluding squalls, summer and winter.  In more good news, the big western storm dies before getting here, the late week storm is OTS and the 12z GFS offers a whopping 0.05" QPF thru 3/28.  Maybe we can set a near lifetime minimum for March snowfall - NNJ had none in 1946 and1954 and here we had only 0.6" in 2010 - and we're at 0.1" so far.  That run also has some brutal cold out at day 14-15, which usually means nothing but since that would be the worst possible solution, maybe it has a chance?
On the good side - despite today's windy clouds, March has been unusually sunny. :D

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That dude near you has some hefty totals all the time that seem to be higher than you. You said he's like 1.5 miles away and up a couple hundred feet?

His totals aren’t really much higher than me. At least I haven’t noticed much of a discrepancy so far. I have tracked very closely to him since December. You noticing a discrepancy? I haven’t seen “hefty” totals from him since the early Feb event...