• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    BobbyB
    Newest Member
    BobbyB

2020/2021 Fall/Winter Mountain thread

Light snow falling, looks like we are sitting around 2.5 inches, maybe 3.  I guess now we see what the ULL does.  I want to break the 4” mark, have yet to do so since moving here.

• Like 1

A little over an inch here. Still pretty to look at. Still better than last year. I am not complaining. We'll see if we can get a little more from the upper low.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ncjoaquin said:

A little over an inch here. Still pretty to look at. Still better than last year. I am not complaining. We'll see if we can get a little more from the upper low.

Same here not as much as I was hoping for 

Mod snow now at 33.2.

Went out to feed out horses and it sure is wet around. 

You can see the radar building into the western side of my county .

386e17782754965efe813df7bc29592f.jpg

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Same here not as much as I was hoping for 

No, me neither, but really this is a pretty good start to winter. Last year was awful. Snow has started here again. 

• Like 3

No, me neither, but really this is a pretty good start to winter. Last year was awful. Snow has started here again. 

That’s the spirt Jason!

• Like 1

Radar is looking juicy, hang in there fellas. Every model yesterday showed this happening - we’re not off track (yet)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

Radar is looking juicy, hang in there fellas. Every model yesterday showed this happening - we’re not off track (yet)

Hopefully that small "band" over Asheville/Henderson keeps slowing down. It's not heavy, but enjoy seeing it fall. We shall see!

So it looks like 4, perhaps 5 inches after taking several measurements. There's some compaction evident due to marginal temperature and high moisture content of the snow. A beautiful sight!

20210108_075629_resize_8.jpg

20210108_075639_resize_20.jpg

20210108_080323_resize_89.jpg

20210108_080310_resize_17.jpg

• Like 13

The GFS was the least snowy model here and had 2 or 3 inches, I don't think we will even get that. The hi res and short range models all had between 3 and 6 inches. The temperatures have been ok here around 32 all night but the snow rates have been awful after the initial band. 

7 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

The GFS was the least snowy model here and had 2 or 3 inches, I don't think we will even get that. The hi res and short range models all had between 3 and 6 inches. The temperatures have been ok here around 32 all night but the snow rates have been awful after the initial band. 

Some models were showing the spotty nature of these bands. That initial band last night was great but could not cash in as the temps took longer to crash as it hit. 

3 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:

Hammering in Boone for the last bit. Definitely picking up. Loving radar. Roads are going to the crapper, though.

Yep, and I still have to go to to work (I’m a car salesman, I’m soooooo not needed today) hopefully we get a little more banding but it looks like it’s gonna taper off soon.

Got about 3 inches so far.  It is still snowing a little so maybe we will get a little more.  Regardless, I am happy with this.  It’s beautiful and I love watching the snow fall even if it’s light. Last winter was awful so I am not going to complain.

3A9AE407-5153-4FB0-B6EA-016C320962BE.jpeg

D9E0E5C4-B677-4728-9246-3FDCCE8095CC.jpeg

• Like 4

Yep, and I still have to go to to work (I’m a car salesman, I’m soooooo not needed today) hopefully we get a little more banding but it looks like it’s gonna taper off soon.
I'm at Publix. We've had more callouts than show up and about 5 customers to show for it. Gotta love retail. I'm more worried about the drive home than I was the drive in at 430.
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tyler Penland said:
9 minutes ago, AsheCounty48 said:

I'm at Publix. We've had more callouts than show up and about 5 customers to show for it. Gotta love retail. I'm more worried about the drive home than I was the drive in at 430.

Yea we have one salesman who can’t come in (covid scare) one that quit, two call outs, it’s me, one other salesman and my GM and we aren’t going to do anything all day, except waste a good sledding day.

Just now, Elev3999 said:

28 and snow is steady here.

1610113420953.jpeg

Yea it picked back up down here below you, some good size to the flakes too.  Looks like you have 4” or so.