Total Members
    Most Online
    ISeekSnow
    Newest Member
    ISeekSnow

The "Double Trouble" Banter Thread

Sarcasm is part of what keeps this forum alive if used right

Apparently I snore so loudly that it scares everyone in the car i'm driving

Does anyone have a link for a tool that shows storm tracks of historical storms that tracked through the same area as the current storm?  I used to get that map on wunderground but it seems they got rid of it.

edit:

Found one that is pretty close to what I was looking for.

https://coast.noaa.gov/hurricanes/

14 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Is this rapidly intensifying yet?

I can't believe these kids on other forums. We have an organizing 75 mph hurricane and they're acting like it's not bad because it hasn't exploded into a Cat 5 yet.

This is what happened when you're born into a post-Katrina world, believing every storm reaches 175 mph.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Weenie 1

These NHC track maps are basically worthless without the blue shed being marked for reference.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Which cliché will be invoked at the end of Laura? Will it be "If she just had 12 hours more time over water" or maybe the "magical windshear"? 

4 hours ago, cheese007 said:

This Atlantic season goes to show that, no matter how "good" a season is, there will always be folks complaining 

The only impressive thing about this season is running through the name list. You don't have a dissipating Marco near the Gulf coast at the end of August in a true blockbuster season.

• Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, Torchageddon said:

Which cliché will be invoked at the end of Laura? Will it be "If she just had 12 hours more time over water" or maybe the "magical windshear"? 

The only impressive thing about this season is running through the name list. You don't have a dissipating Marco near the Gulf coast at the end of August in a true blockbuster season.

Good points, we’ve had a ton of names, but not a lot of very strong storms. Laura may break this trend, but it appears to have an uphill battle as well.

5 minutes ago, Wmsptwx said:

Good points, we’ve had a ton of names, but not a lot of very strong storms. Laura may break this trend, but it appears to have an uphill battle as well.

We're barely into peak season and might have a major 'cane on our hands the next 48 hours. I'm pretty confident it won't be the last. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

The comma shape of this low pressure system is a total throwback to other comma shaped systems

Reminds me of Sandy and Katrina

• Haha 3

The clouds surrounding the eye are becoming incredibly tall. Kinda reminds me close up satellite images we saw of Michael right before landfall. :o

3 minutes ago, BooneWX said:

The clouds surrounding the eye are becoming incredibly tall. Kinda reminds me close up satellite images we saw of Michael right before landfall. :o

You know what storm had some tall mf clouds? The Iowa derecho. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

it had the winds to show for it too

• Like 1

Can someone share with me the chart showing the poor performance of the euro? DT is talking shit on Facebook 

12 minutes ago, the ghost of leroy said:

Rip to those 2” trees in your office parking lot

izzy was better

• Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Can someone share with me the chart showing the poor performance of the euro? DT is talking shit on Facebook 

DT breaking up with the Euro is hilarious. I thought he was ride or die for that model. 

Just now, the ghost of leroy said:

DT breaking up with the Euro is hilarious. I thought he was ride or die for that model. 

He isn't. Quite the opposite really. I told him the Euro has performed poorly since the upgrade and he said that was bs

5 minutes ago, Uncle Bobby said:

How tall were they?

Taller than any hurricane ever was.

Iowa Derecho >>>> hurricanes except Patricia and Haiyan. I'll let those two slide. 

(55-60kft)

• Thanks 1

is that the thing that produces wedge tornadoes?

2 hours ago, BooneWX said:

I think I've watched more YouTube videos of the derecho this year than tropical storms and hurricanes.

• Like 2

Hey guys! Two questions. 
1. Anyone care to guess what some of those cumulonimbi tops are in this ring wrapping around the center?

2. Anyone with aviation knowledge know what the p3 and other weather aircraft are programmed with or what is installed in the cone of the planes to avoid direct lightning strikes or how it is “safe” and I use that word laughing flying into something like this?