Newest Member
    anathema

Severe Wx Threat July 13

Just now, MaineJayhawk said:

lol .. we were gathered at the window when it struck.  Eyes widened

Faces pressed against the glass?

2 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Up to 4.25” now. It can stop now. 

Whoa!  Gotta’ be some flash flooding on the streams up there. 

The drive back on I-84 was interesting last night. 
At around 5:30 I was heading out on the Eastbound side and it was literally only raining on the westbound lanes.  I could see the rain pouring down on the cars going westbound while I was dry in the eastbound lanes.  This lasted from exit 68 - Tolland to exit 69 -Willington. At the same time I could see the blackness lingering off to the north and east.  As soon as I got off of exit 69 I was hit with torrential downpours and I think some hail. 

Then I actually saw the end of the rainbow.  It ended (or began) right in the shrubs in front of a house off of route 74.  The arc was super low and went right over my car into this guy's yard.  I did not see a pot of gold so this must have been the beginning.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

The drive back on I-84 was interesting last night. 
At around 5:30 I was heading out on the Eastbound side and it was literally only raining on the westbound lanes.  I could see the rain pouring down on the cars going westbound while I was dry in the eastbound lanes.  This lasted from exit 68 - Tolland to exit 69 -Willington. At the same time I could see the blackness lingering off to the north and east.  As soon as I got off of exit 69 I was hit with torrential downpours and I think some hail. 

Then I actually saw the end of the rainbow.  It ended (or began) right in the shrubs in front of a house off of route 74.  The arc was super low and went right over my car into this guy's yard.  I did not see a pot of gold so this must have been the beginning.

Matches everything I saw yesterday. My buddy on Tolland/Willy  line south of 84 had marbles and 2” of rain. Meanwhile me being 2 miles NW of 84 was grilling chicken with sun to the NW and huge bangs of thunder just SE. 

O4ZGGT0.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chrisrotary12 said:

Porked again. Not a drop. Fingers crossed for this afternoon

animated.mov 684.6 kB · 1 download

I'm with ya there...Don't know how I managed to miss everything the last 2 days, when Southeast was a hot spot, but somehow I did.  1/4" of rain since Fay moved ashore.

Wife called, we have some water in the basement.  Drought to mushrooms.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Cyclone-68 said:

That’s bizarre (to me) what’s the explanation for it rotating like that? NW to S?

ULL. west side of the circulation would rotate NW-SE or so.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

You might be in a decent spot.

I hope so because the vast majority of past severe storms have either completely avoided me or weakened considerably before hitting. Its like there is a protective dome of some sort covering my area. Haha

Heck in the past many severe storms have dissipated before reaching me just to reform to my south. :P