Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
July Discobs 2020

George BM

10 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was just teasing you. Though I don’t like big heat, I’m not ready for fall weather just yet, but I’d sure appreciate some rain.

90-92 in the Mid Atlantic shouldn’t be considered a heat wave.  I think the average high in DC is 89 during the height of summer.   

I am so not ready for fall...we’re like 2.5 weeks into ‘real’ summer lol

Well here is most of the damage. Lots of other scattered branches and debris too. My wag is the wind was in the 60 mph range.. I wasn't expecting even a garden variety storm so needless to say this was a big surprise. It didn't last long but it was impressive.

tree1.thumb.jpg.c4c61af1b0afdb07a24fb5c1103b6ced.jpg

tree2.thumb.jpg.8bd3da0474e79efc6499e21c339a5ba3.jpg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Yesterday there was poor model agreement on the timing of the shortwave energy rotating through and the front itself. It looked like today was the better day for possible isolated severe. Seems it came together late last night/early this morning for eastern areas.  The front has already moved through and we should see drier air filtering in with minimal chances for a shower today.

19 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Yea ...cool dry air here at 6am it was 63. 0% rain chance up here in my hood lol.

Should be pretty nice for cutting up the tree blocking the driveway when I get home from work later. Luckily the main part of the tree is laying just off the driveway. I will probably just leave that for now and cut and split it in the fall. It's one half of a pretty large double trunk tree and sheared off right at the base.

• Like 1

This is the ultimate jinx but with the low this morning of 71 we have decent shot to quickly climb into the Top 10 for consecutive number of nights with a low >= 70 at DCA. Tonight and tomorrow night will be close but then we take off from there.

Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 8.57.44 AM.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, pazzo83 said:

it's the damn (light) wind

yeah light and variable not the best. other than yesterday most highs have been pretty late lately so we still have some time. 

Just now, JakkelWx said:

IAD is sitting at mostly 88F and DCA hit 90 for a very short time per 5 minute observations. 2:45 PM to be exact.

my understanding is it is an ob recorded in F, then converted to C, then converted back to F for display.  So 89.6 -> 32C, could be 89 or 90 I guess?

• Like 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic