• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Nbarth
    Newest Member
    Nbarth

July Banter 2020

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I haven’t seen a good winter since 2013-14.

2017-18 was literally right at seasonal average in my yard, plus the bomb cyclone beach chase, so cant hate on that. But yeah outside of that, its been pretty lean for cold and snow lately.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

2017-18 was literally right at seasonal average in my yard, plus the bomb cyclone beach chase, so cant hate on that. But yeah outside of that, its been pretty lean for cold and snow lately.

That was such a great chase. One of my favorites. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Welcome back!

With a beach trip upcoming, I finally broke down and cut my own hair last week.  Let's just say I'm not going to put my barber out of a job, but it looks and feels a lot better than it did.

I'm sorta in between barbers I guess.. long story. But the time seemed right. I do believe I will go back to professionals at some point tho lol.  

Ran off to Twitter with everyone there but have noted multiple times how it was nice to be cordoned off from the rest of the world in a place like this vs that. 

• Like 1

I was trying to think of places that are warm with no humidity on the reg.. not like 100 warm I used to live in one in the desert of CA. San Diego and?

also this feels like one of the most useless things to have at the top of a post page

image.thumb.png.ced02be05f65118d51e5ee28825bea44.png

• Like 2

Imagine being a weather forecaster in SD.

For those who just want 'ideal" weather all the time, probably hard to match the climate there.

48 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Imagine being a weather forecaster in SD.

For those who just want 'ideal" weather all the time, probably hard to match the climate there.

Go east of SD and it gets hot fast. During summer El Centro gets into the low 100s regularly.

1 minute ago, Eskimo Joe said:

Go east of SD and it gets hot fast. During summer El Centro gets into the low 100s regularly.

Yes indeed. It is definitely a localized marine influenced climate they enjoy there.

10 hours ago, Ian said:

I was trying to think of places that are warm with no humidity on the reg.. not like 100 warm I used to live in one in the desert of CA. San Diego and?

San Diego’s climate is so unique, it isn’t replicated anywhere in the US.  If you want dry, you are going to end up with a larger seasonal range of temps.

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Much of Hawaii is amazing for year round warmth and low humidity. But I’d get bored.

• Like 1

Doing work at the pool and then cutting grass wore my ass out. This heat takes it out of you quickly 

• Like 1

Has anyone stepped outside to see the Comet yet? The previous week you could see it really early in the morning, Tomorrowish you’ll be able to see it in the evening once it’s dark.

10 minutes ago, Rhino16 said:

Has anyone stepped outside to see the Comet yet? The previous week you could see it really early in the morning, Tomorrowish you’ll be able to see it in the evening once it’s dark.

I was actually out for an early morning run (4am hour) this morning but never saw it despite clear skies. I was looking towards the northeastern horizon for it as I ran.

On 7/8/2020 at 1:59 PM, NorthArlington101 said:

Trying to write another article for CWG and I could really use the voice of a weather-loving teacher. I'm pretty sure @psuhoffman and @WinterWxLuvr are both teachers,  but there might be more of you! Reply or send me a message on here if you might be interested. No pressure, and I'm happy to tell you more about it.

Sorry I just saw this. Wasn’t on much. Crazy week at work then took some family time over the weekend. I would be glad to help any way I can if it’s not too late.  Just PM me 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, George BM said:

I was actually out for an early morning run (4am hour) this morning but never saw it despite clear skies. I was looking towards the northeastern horizon for it as I ran.

It might be an evening thing this week instead of a morning one...

1 hour ago, Rhino16 said:

It might be an evening thing this week instead of a morning one...

Correct. It was, however, only 5 degrees above the NNW horizon yesterday evening 80 minutes post-sunset (I did not see it). IIRC it will be 10 degrees above the horizon 80 minutes post-sunset by tomorrow evening (7/14) and up to 20 degrees above the NW horizon by 7/19 at the same time relative to sunset. All the while, however, it will probably ever so slowly be getting dimmer night by night as it moves away from the sun.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2020 at 5:40 PM, Ian said:

I'm sorta in between barbers I guess.. long story. But the time seemed right. I do believe I will go back to professionals at some point tho lol.  

Ran off to Twitter with everyone there but have noted multiple times how it was nice to be cordoned off from the rest of the world in a place like this vs that. 

It's funny how complicated the barber relationship can get.  Thinking of the great Seinfeld episode on that.

Twitter has its place, but so does this place.  The volume of posts on Twitter can get overwhelming, and its easy for the quality to get lost in the noise.  Plus, as you note, it's hard to compartmentalize topics.  So, when I just want to find out what's going on with the weather, I have to wade through a lot of unrelated material.  I keep it manageable by only following ~40 people.  I don't know how people like you manage following thousands of people.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

After July 20th it's all downhill from here for avg daytime highs.

Nature better listen to you and go back to avg highs.  Or below avg highs

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

After July 20th it's all downhill from here for avg daytime highs.

This better happen! Sweat my butt off at at horse show yesterday. It was down right oppressive and wearing a mask to watch the youngest Miss J compete I for one will be grateful for cooler temps. Although we did get rained on and that felt down right fantastic. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

It's funny how complicated the barber relationship can get.  Thinking of the great Seinfeld episode on that.

Twitter has its place, but so does this place.  The volume of posts on Twitter can get overwhelming, and its easy for the quality to get lost in the noise.  Plus, as you note, it's hard to compartmentalize topics.  So, when I just want to find out what's going on with the weather, I have to wade through a lot of unrelated material.  I keep it manageable by only following ~40 people.  I don't know how people like you manage following thousands of people.

Lists. I have many of them that i utilize during high traffic events. On those days I only follow the lists I've made vs my usual feed. While I don't follow thousands (less than 2K total) it does make it easier when you just want to see one topic and not 10 topics at once. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mappy said:

Lists. I have many of them that i utilize during high traffic events. On those days I only follow the lists I've made vs my usual feed. While I don't follow thousands (less than 2K total) it does make it easier when you just want to see one topic and not 10 topics at once. 

Twitter's biggest problem might be that it never stops. There's something to be said about a slower conversation. Plus I can't stay out of politics these days given the travesty of everything... so there's the angle of me potentially hurting myself by tweeting. I'm treating it like any other addiction for the moment.

• Like 2