Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
SNE "Tropical" Season Discussion 2020

Bostonseminole

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Back on board? 

Not for rain from Iglesias. Still sticking with that river East. Track seems locked right up over NYC area into W CT on NNE into Maine. E side will be great winds and severe potential. Probably another tornado watch late Tuesday or night . NW of that is the flooding rain . I was talking about not spiking too early ruling out big wind effects. Rain except for NW areas is non factor 

• Like 1

Just now, WxWatcher007 said:

I still think we can get some ticks east on this one. That would probably give us a stronger storm to work with. Ideally, this would stay just offshore of the Mid-Atlantic and come up just west of Fire Island. A NE SC or NC landfall might get us there. 

If it goes East there’s no wind . We don’t want it East. The war keeps trending stringer which is why it’s kept going NW

36 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Idk man. I feel like this is being downplayed in terms of potential. Could be a real weak POS, but if it gets a more favorable environment and can stay off shore it might be nasty for some people. At least in terms of flooding. In the least

True but the ceiling remains pretty low for wind/surge, which is what interests most weenies. The wildcard may be whether we tor or not.

3 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

I still think this will shift east, probably right over Worcester, Nashua just west of 95 up in Maine. Will be some decent winds me thinks.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

E. CT/RI E+SE Mass gets some good gusty winds, particularly coastal areas but nothing too crazy IMHO.

32 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

True but the ceiling remains pretty low for wind/surge, which is what interests most weenies. The wildcard may be whether we tor or not.

People get excited for surge in New England?  That probably effects and is seen by less people on here than upslope snow, lol.

14 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

This needs to intensify some down south(like Ukie shows) for this to be a player up here imo. If it stays steady state and doesn’t organize any further, it will be a POS when it gets up here and be a nothing burger. 

Yeah, either way it was fun to track and learn with much of the season left.  Hopefully we remain active until October and we can ease into winter without too much dew talk.