Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
June Discussion

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

1 hour ago, moneypitmike said:

Imagine the photographic record that would be available today if the tornado hit today?

Coincidentally, I missed having a mature, fully leafed tree land on my car by no more than 3 seconds.  Pretty crazy.

My neighbor had the same thing today. Around 1:30 a massive crash , cracking and thud. I heard it plain and clear and ran to the door in excitement . Looks totally healthy and there was not a breath of wind 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Angus said:

I grew up on the south shore - born 1963, the Worcester tornado was the Blizzard of '78 back when I was a child. Spoken about in awe. My father's side of family had relatives in Shrewsbury who experienced it first hand. Another similar event was the Hurricane of '38, my grandmother was literally spooked by thunder storms and high winds to the end of her life given the trauma of that event.

My parents talked about it all the time. Almost 30 miles east of Worcester and the debris was significant. Sheets, shingles , anything you can think of. After the Monson tornado I found pieces of vinyl siding on the same property.

23 minutes ago, kdxken said:

It's the salesman in you.

The hottest station in New England *almost* hit 90F in the vicinity of a calendar date thrown out as the start of an expected heat wave?  I’ll drop off the participation trophy on my way back north.

I do love the long range calls, they bring plenty of discussion.  BDL hit 90F tomorrow?

13 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The hottest station in New England *almost* hit 90F in the vicinity of a calendar date thrown out as the start of an expected heat wave?  I’ll drop off the participation trophy on my way back north.

I do love the long range calls, they bring plenty of discussion.  BDL hit 90F tomorrow?

He said he was going to be off by a day or two on his heat wave call when 6/8 wasn’t looking hot. 

Now the goal posts are going to have to be shifted to just “above average”. Gotta wonder if the BDL tarmac even hits 90F this week at all. 

28 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No too many clouds probably precludes it. Still s hell of a call amidst the chilly to cool trough week. We’ll walk off with a subdued W

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I mean ok.. I busted. I’ll own it .Not 90. But 88 is hot for June 9. I’m not embarrassed from that call over a week ago with all the calls of cool week 

I'll actually agree that I think it was hot down there today. BDL was +10F for the max. Anytime your max is closer to the record (96F) than the normal (78F) it's a warm day.

• Thanks 1
  • Weenie 2

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'll actually agree that I think it was hot down there today. BDL was +10F for the max. Anytime your max is closer to the record (96F) than the normal (78F) it's a warm day.

Gorgeous day with low dews, tarmac didn't represent anywhere where anyone lives.  Mid 80s 

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Gorgeous day with low dews, tarmac didn't represent anywhere where anyone lives.  Mid 80s 

Too cloudy for long periods.  Low dews and temperatures breached 80 in the afternoon though.  Businessmen never got out of bed.

1 hour ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Warm night. Large state police presence with dogs about a mile from my house. State police helicopter with spotlight hovering close by 

Probably looking for someone who stole a candy bar. 

71/60 after another stellar summer day. It’s been a great stretch since mid May, overall.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Lol.  The valley is the most populated region in CT after the shoreline in SW CT and the whole valley was like 87-89 degrees.  HFD was 89, BAF 88 and 88 here as well in Enfield.  Dews were reasonable but it was toasty.  

1 hour ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

Lol.  The valley is the most populated region in CT after the shoreline in SW CT and the whole valley was like 87-89 degrees.  HFD was 89, BAF 88 and 88 here as well in Enfield.  Dews were reasonable but it was toasty.  

Oh yea forgot about you valley girls. Yes very hot there  ,so glad we don't live there

5 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

71/60 after another stellar summer day. It’s been a great stretch since mid May, overall.

Thank God you're back.  People were worried you hadn't been posting.. Many had been speculated that perhaps you were arrested and killed in prison.  You should change your name to Jeffrey Epstein.

Speaking of which---the Netflix documentary on him is pretty good.

• Weenie 1

6 hours ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I think the were looking for you.  People here thought you had gone missing!

11 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Those who died...going way back before regional forums and amwx..back to wwbb and eastern.

Dfuzz

snarf

our own beloved Nate (nzucker)

maybe Scott Hadley?

our own beloved Scott Simard aka messenger.

None of them particularly old.

Who was the guy that bought Eastern after AmWx formed?

And is CoolSpruce still alive? I think his son posted for a bit after he had a stroke...

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Who was the guy that bought Eastern after AmWx formed?

And is CoolSpruce still alive? I think his son posted for a bit after he had a stroke...

I don't know if we ever got confirmation of CoolSpruce's passing.  I think his son had said he had a stroke and wasn't doing well but that was several years ago.

• Like 1