• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    anathema
    Newest Member
    anathema

May Discussion

4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Feel bad for anyone that may have planted crops.  We freeze.

I don’t, they should know better in New England.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I never plant until at least Memorial day and going to wait a week later because its early this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Strawberries?  Those are harvested in June around here

I don’t worry too much about the brassica, but everything else waits until about 5/15-20 and even then it depends on the long range forecast from that point.

Watching WMUR Ch 9 the NH network.  Their Met is taking about heavy rain with thunderstorms for NH on Monday.  Don't get it.  He teased it at the opening of the 5pm news and then talked it about during the weathercast.   I just don't get it.  Anyone want to enlighten me as to what he is seeing?

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I don’t worry too much about the brassica, but everything else waits until about 5/15-20 and even then it depends on the long range forecast from that point.

Do you worry about the brassierica?

1 hour ago, wxeyeNH said:

Watching WMUR Ch 9 the NH network.  Their Met is taking about heavy rain with thunderstorms for NH on Monday.  Don't get it.  He teased it at the opening of the 5pm news and then talked it about during the weathercast.   I just don't get it.  Anyone want to enlighten me as to what he is seeing?

Alberta Clipper 

Palpably different sensible weather flashes in mid week...  At seasonality, perhaps even add a couple/few tickets.

A few days ago I commented that it is not unprecedented to see a 'climate correction' occur within a temporal stones throw of a departure, whether it achieves that by amplitude in similar time span ... or in the aggregate - this appears it may be slated for the latter. 

Hang in there ... it's almost over.  120 hour...well actually 108 now, and the 850 mb thermal layout is really washing away.  Most guidance agree that a warm front/diffused warm frontal passage takes place Wednesday night and Thursday may be 20 F warmer than Wed by 5 or 6 pm.   Credit the Euro... ( so far, we'll see ) but it picked this up at the edge of D10, five days ago, ..and it's held serve. now the GFS is even showing the seasonal flip - late as it is in every case and reality...jesus. It's amazing getting this version of the GFS to even admit to ridging and the 18z really signals ...makes me wonder if this may actually get more impressive ensuing model cycles.

This was a hemispheric fold synopsis off the Pacific warm eddy  ... whenever we get a -EPO to super impose over the tendency, that's a constructive wave interference and it went absolutely bonkers. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm not sure I buy the Florida to SE U.S. coastal hybrid low idea ... I seem to recall the GFS did this last spring too, and they were false much of the time.  Autumn as well..

At least we didn’t decouple and the temp stayed up all night. 31° right now so not too bad for the plants. Next freeze chance is mid week...then hopefully that’s it. 

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

At least we didn’t decouple and the temp stayed up all night. 31° right now so not too bad for the plants. Next freeze chance is mid week...then hopefully that’s it. 

34F.

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Dog bowls solidly frozen here.  Snow still on the Gazebo. No plants in so that's good. Low was 29.3. Just saw the apple orchard in Jewett City had a 27 degree low in the Valley  Hopefully they are ok

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Torch!!’ Is coming!!! Cold season over. Get em up and in and installed this week 

Looks pretty normal to all of us