Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
May Discussion

weatherwiz

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

And then OKX in June I guess? Tough timing, but needs to be done.

Given that these things were scheduled and not acute failures, a June repair at OKX is a bit questionable.  I'd have picked Sept or something.  Maybe work on the SE in June.

Yesterday was a pedestrian-19F at ORH

Happens every year

We walked the dog 2 miles this morning. It was 36F and when we came around the corner, there is an opening in the hills where you used to be able to see Monadnock (house and bigger trees block it a bit now).  The wind was nuts.  Felt like Mabruary 

• Like 3

Still been seeing snow showers and persistent flurries the past couple hours. 

Crazy to keep having flakes flying.  There was a fresh trace of white on the ground this morning that's now gone.  Maybe a quarter inch.

These light snow showers and flurries should taper off at some point, ha.

May_10.gif.de7b1b8e636c245fdf3bfbffa16363ce.gif

2 hours ago, Angus said:

Tim Kelley is calling PF.

Myself and Andre Blais are the ones that usually get them their “alternative way” of measurements but with uphill closed we aren’t risking jobs for that.  We have a network of folks who aren’t following the rules that we try to get some photos from and pass along.  I’ve been hiking alternative lower elevation trails and roads.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yesterday was a pedestrian-19F at ORH

Happens every year

We walked the dog 2 miles this morning. It was 36F and when we came around the corner, there is an opening in the hills where you used to be able to see Monadnock (house and bigger trees block it a bit now).  The wind was nuts.  Felt like Mabruary 

Yup.... every year there are days in the climate that end up -19  ...

1 hour ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

It was a comment directed more at Cranky       He didn’t think the cold was all that impressive. 

Of course there’s another ‘sensible’ angle on that. 

-19 daylight hours may have nights -1 ... affectedly robbing the observer of their commiserate achievement. Lol

15 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Sunny, breezy, cool day...one of the last ones until next winter. Enjoy

Mmm ... those of us of the warm season enthusiast ilk have three more days of it - you did say 'one of the last days' ...but one of the last four days is less spun and more precise.

Anyway, there is still a remarkably well agreed up transition this week where we effectively cut right to summer.  Thursday's the silver bullet day...  

12z Euro put eclat on it too... really dramatic transition across 30 hour ... ~ Wed 18z to Friday 21Z ... sun depending.  Not sure what the cloud products look like - haven't looked that close, but 12z Friday downs +14C at 850 mb, in a jolt warm fropa ... I saw that back in 2010.. We were having a some trouble in early May that year ( though nothing like this ) and a "nose" structure warm boundary intrusion came around the top side of a burgeoning ridge ...that much being quite similar to what this Euro run is also doing.. and it punch in with a 24 hour temp change of 64 to 84 -90 across a day-high to day-high interval.   Not saying that 'exactly' is taking place Thur into Friday, but that secondary warm intrusion early Friday really looks quite similar and that could see mid day temp absolutely maximizing the 850 and maybe even taller, too. 

But before that... that change 18z Wed to Thursday 21Z is nothing to shake a stick at, either. There's a bit of an amorphously defined warm advance that takes place Thursday over the arc of the southeast retreating high. In fact, that day could be greater diurnal changes across single 12-hour period in quite some time. That synopsis should decouple in the last of it, cellar temps in the 30s/near freezing dawn; 850mb recover to ~ +6C by late afternoon on a freshening well mixed west wind... Could be 70-75

Just hit 45F here, snow showers tapered off and some breaks of sun coming through.  

I’d wager this morning was the last time I’ll see legit flakes flying out my living room until October.

Crazy how we all saw the last snow at the same time, all the way to Long Island.

1 hour ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Mmm ... those of us of the warm season enthusiast ilk have three more days of it - you did say 'one of the last days' ...but one of the last four days is less spun and more precise.

Anyway, there is still a remarkably well agreed up transition this week where we effectively cut right to summer.  Thursday's the silver bullet day...  

12z Euro put eclat on it too... really dramatic transition across 30 hour ... ~ Wed 18z to Friday 21Z ... sun depending.  Not sure what the cloud products look like - haven't looked that close, but 12z Friday downs +14C at 850 mb, in a jolt warm fropa ... I saw that back in 2010.. We were having a some trouble in early May that year ( though nothing like this ) and a "nose" structure warm boundary intrusion came around the top side of a burgeoning ridge ...that much being quite similar to what this Euro run is also doing.. and it punch in with a 24 hour temp change of 64 to 84 -90 across a day-high to day-high interval.   Not saying that 'exactly' is taking place Thur into Friday, but that secondary warm intrusion early Friday really looks quite similar and that could see mid day temp absolutely maximizing the 850 and maybe even taller, too. 

But before that... that change 18z Wed to Thursday 21Z is nothing to shake a stick at, either. There's a bit of an amorphously defined warm advance that takes place Thursday over the arc of the southeast retreating high. In fact, that day could be greater diurnal changes across single 12-hour period in quite some time. That synopsis should decouple in the last of it, cellar temps in the 30s/near freezing dawn; 850mb recover to ~ +6C by late afternoon on a freshening well mixed west wind... Could be 70-75

A massive influx of installed AC units will be appearing in windows across New England in the coming week 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The wind is ripping up here. Went to Agway in Hooksett and I couldn’t even stand looking at their trees outside...must’ve been 40mph gusts there. It took forever to clear out today too. Shit day considering most of it was windy, cloudy, and cold. The late afternoon mid 50s can’t salvage it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 minutes ago, dendrite said:

The wind is ripping up here. Went to Agway in Hooksett and I couldn’t even stand looking at their trees outside...must’ve been 40mph gusts there. It took forever to clear out today too. Shit day considering most of it was windy, cloudy, and cold. The late afternoon mid 50s can’t salvage it. 

Glad we weren’t living there today 

• Haha 1