Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 24, 2020 - Coastal Threat

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, mahk_webstah said:

What a confusing gyx watch map accum map discussion and zones

Agree, though in their defense the hills of central Oxford are notorious snow-catchers.  However, for the next zone NE (where I live) they backed off accum - P&C now down to 1-3.  Event always looked a bit south, one more tic and we get some mood flakes (at midnight) and not much else.  

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

NAM keeps showing that nice bent back WF that would really allow it to pound nickels for several hours. Euro was more aggressive with that feature last run so we’ll have to watch. 

Really strong at 850-700 as it closes off. It also might slot south of pike after thump so perhaps not all gone soon. 

GFS is getting closer....nice VV's . ( a teeny bit further south than 12z for my area during the brunt which prolly cost me accums) but .cooler at 850 and a tad cooler at 925's and better mid levels a tad further north which we want (bc it was southern outlier)  ...GFS is a tick away from joining the club and it probably will if other models hold their trends from today. 

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

GFS is getting closer....nice VV's . ( a teeny bit further south than 12z for my area during the brunt which prolly cost me accums) but .cooler at 850 and a tad cooler at 925's and better mid levels a tad further north which we want (bc it was southern outlier)  ...GFS is a tick away from joining the club and it probably will if other models hold their trends from today. 

ASH 4-5"?