• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Coronavirus

Chicago Storm

Well, the overflow in rural hospitals has begun in this area. A friend who is the the head of safety at the local hospital called our Agency Friday about accessing some dividers. Tomorrow I'm going to help him move some beds from the nursing school at the local university to the hospital to squeeze in more patients. And this is just the beginning.

15 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Well, the overflow in rural hospitals has begun in this area. A friend who is the the head of safety at the local hospital called our Agency Friday about accessing some dividers. Tomorrow I'm going to help him move some beds from the nursing school at the local university to the hospital to squeeze in more patients. And this is just the beginning.

Hospitalizations were +190 in IN +300 in IL today, not great.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Don't need stimulus. Current restrictions are working and it looks like hospitalizations will stabilize by early December. Listen, I am hardly a big capitalist, but the system is over inflated with dollars right now and China is kicking US butt globally. Not a good combination.

Who gives a &$%# about China right now.  This isn't race for Pete's sake, it's rent, mortgage, food on the table for people that are out of work not by their actions or choosing.  

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Angrysummons said:

Don't need stimulus. Current restrictions are working and it looks like hospitalizations will stabilize by early December. Listen, I am hardly a big capitalist, but the system is over inflated with dollars right now and China is kicking US butt globally. Not a good combination.

Hospitalizations will stabilize by early December??? What are you smoking?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Who gives a &$%# about China right now.  This isn't race for Pete's sake, it's rent, mortgage, food on the table for people that are out of work not by their actions or choosing.  

On 10/16/2020 at 11:46 AM, A-L-E-K said:

we live amongst straight up sociopaths

it's an important lesson to learn if you haven't already [tone sincere]

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

27 minutes ago, StormfanaticInd said:

Cases seem to be down today(testing?) but deaths are up

Might be a sign that transmission rates are stabilizing a bit in some areas (hopefully) WI/IL had similar case numbers to last Tuesday. Ohio didn't jump from Monday to Tuesday like past two weeks. MI/IN still showed increases. One day does not make a trend, though.

If any of you seriously believes that this is gonna stabilize after Thanksgiving, you gotta put down the crack pipe. Christmas and New Years are gonna be one hell of a combo. The way I see it -and I really don't want to be a doomer- at least a third of this country gives no fucks about Covid, at least from a "fear" stand point. The rampant infection that will occur within that segment of the population alone during the holidays well prevent this shit from stabilizing. 

• Sad 1

Just now, madwx said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/17/health/coronavirus-immunity.html

Good news today, study shows that immunity can last for many years for 90% of patients.   Obviously contradicts some of the other things we have heard but falls in line with the idea that rapid reinfections are a small minority of cases

Between this news and the 95% efficacy Moderna vaccine we should be near the end of this by next summer.

• Like 1

Whitmer claims that bars and restaurants are an easy target for covid spread, yet the health departments own data doesn't support it. Hair salons were one of the last to open in the last shutdown claiming easy covid spread, yet they are allowed to be open this time around

Yet so many on this board are about the closings. I’d venture to say many of the same people advocating this have been to bars and restaurants multiple times
  • Weenie 1

2 hours ago, Angrysummons said:

There is plenty of money in the system, but the problem is that, the way it's distributed, we're heading for a K-shaped recovery.

3 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

Yet so many on this board are about the closings. I’d venture to say many of the same people advocating this have been to bars and restaurants multiple times

I haven't dined inside a restaurant since March 16, 2020.  I even remember the date.  I honestly don't even miss it that much.  I've done plenty of takeout though.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, nwohweather said:

I’ve dined out zero times in NYC and Chicago since the pandemic started, already had COVID, but have supported local businesses countless times by ordering take-out or delivery. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chances14 said:

Whitmer claims that bars and restaurants are an easy target for covid spread, yet the health departments own data doesn't support it. Hair salons were one of the last to open in the last shutdown claiming easy covid spread, yet they are allowed to be open this time around

I don't know anything about their health department, but restaurants and especially bars have been known as big spreaders.  Many clusters have been traced back to bars and restaurants.  In fact bars likely drove the summer wave.

After Arizona closed gyms over the summer, their hospitalizations decreased rapidly.  Much more rapidly than they did in Texas or Florida.  So there is some thought that gyms are significant contributors as well.

Once you pick up the infection, though, it largely propagates through home gatherings.

11 minutes ago, Inverted_Trough said:

I don't know anything about their health department, but restaurants and especially bars have been known as big spreaders.  Many clusters have been traced back to bars and restaurants.  In fact bars likely drove the summer wave.

After Arizona closed gyms over the summer, their hospitalizations decreased rapidly.  Much more rapidly than they did in Texas or Florida.  So there is some thought that gyms are significant contributors as well.

Once you pick up the infection, though, it largely propagates through home gatherings.

Yeah I was just coming to post the same especially with respect to bars. I'd love to see this data that says otherwise. Let's be real bars breed carelessness, it shouldn't shock anyone that they are superspreaders especially now that everything is exclusively indoors. Restaurants are also an issue when they pack the places. 

19 minutes ago, purduewx80 said:

I’ve dined out zero times in NYC and Chicago since the pandemic started, already had COVID, but have supported local businesses countless times by ordering take-out or delivery. 

Dined out 2 times since things reopened in May both places were rural areas and during the summer, that said carry out and delivery has been the way to go for me.