• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

Well we have 0.02" in the gauge so far. That happened about a half hour ago when I went out to fill a script at Rite-Aid and then took a ride to Walmart because the wife want's me to get a new house computer. I skipped the Walmart adventure when I saw the line of people waiting to get into the store. No way am I standing in the rain to shop at Walmart, so I came home. It's just a rather windblown, light rain at the moment, so we'll have to see what happens when more of that main slug gets here.

1 hour ago, pasnownut said:

x2 

Hi guys.  Hope all is well.  Sitting here bored sending emails and hoping business starts to pick up.  NOONE wants to talk right now.........:thumbsdown:

Enjoy your soaker.  Winds are ripping pretty nicely here in LSV.  Not convinced things hold up once east of mtns for high end 3" to verify.  Looks like a solid 1-1.5 w 2" lollipops IMO.  Mind you I like Voyager am merely looking at HRRRRR for short term.  Looking at winds, best dynamics/qpf look to be Voyagerville and N to IPT and east.  East branch susqu likely most affected IMO.  

I'm with you on no one wants to talk to you right now, being in the Healthcare IT Consulting business where sales matter our market was so competitive and striving 2 months ago now is pretty much at a stand still. I feel guilty even having my sales team prospecting the client base hospitals so we balance it out right now. But you see ER's all over the place empty and hospitals laying off because of so low of volume it is disheartening for sure. Hope soon, we need to open and let the economy come back that is a for sure.  

6 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

I’ve been in my office in NE Maryland staring at that wall of rain for at least 2 hours. Does not want to move quickly.

bf11bf3d8f222641e0356df849185e2e.jpg

Too bad you cant go to Woodys and have a pint while waiting for it.....

(even though you may not be in Northeast Md....and just somewhere in N E Md.....:P

1 minute ago, paweather said:

I'm with you on no one wants to talk to you right now, being in the Healthcare IT Consulting business where sales matter our market was so competitive and striving 2 months ago now is pretty much at a stand still. I feel guilty even having my sales team prospecting the client base hospitals so we balance it out right now. But you see ER's all over the place empty and hospitals laying off because of so low of volume it is disheartening for sure. Hope soon, we need to open and let the economy come back that is a for sure.  

Agreed my friend....agreed.  

I'll just leave it at that. 

SCARY times.  When I said I hope I never have to live through a 9/11 experience again, I meant nothing worse.  Guess I should have stipulated.....

Still light rain w/ frequently blustery periods.  

Just now, pasnownut said:

Agreed my friend....agreed.  

I'll just leave it at that. 

SCARY times.  When I said I hope I never have to live through a 9/11 experience again, I meant nothing worse.  Guess I should have stipulated.....

Still light rain w/ frequently blustery periods.  

Yep. No doubt. Heavier rain here right now. 

Another heavy band about to bear down here.  Meanwhile the winds have shifted back to the SE again and picked up to 5-10 mph.  This has caused the temp to rise again, and it's back up to 59.0!  Storm total 2.59".  Fog is gone.  Very interesting all these micro changes going on.  Western edge still 75 miles away out by MAG.  Might reach 3" by 4:00pm at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Superstorm said:

Love Woodys. We go there for lunch all the time.

SOOOO jealous.......

Netbuster is just my favorite.....my wife and I now share cause we're getting old and all......:P

GOD I miss that place.  Hope you are back there soon....although I think they've scared society from ever feeling like we can.

I'll be back the first day the say I can...so long as i have a job and can afford to.  If so.....I'm gonna tip like I'm drunk and crazy and help everyone I can.  We do it now, and the sincere thanks that I/we recieve is heartwrenching.  F'in hate this mess we've made.  

Rainin with a little more fervor right now.  

Just now, Voyager said:

Well, one the heavier rain got here, it sure did get pretty wild outside. The wind is blowing it sideways half the time, and I'm guessing the worst has yet to get here?

pretty steady here...I'd say approaching moderate.  Still not a lot of ponding on my street but definitely steadiest of the day.  Based on trajectory, whatever i get, you get.  I'll keep ya posted.....

7 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It's like a roller coaster here.  Under this heavy band the winds have gone back to West and the temp just dropped 3 degrees back down to 56 again.  Heavy rain and fog is back with 2.68" total.  Fascinating!

It is like a conveyor belt right now. WOW. It extends all the down to NC.