• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Central PA - Spring 2020

8 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

pretty steady here...I'd say approaching moderate.  Still not a lot of ponding on my street but definitely steadiest of the day.  Based on trajectory, whatever i get, you get.  I'll keep ya posted.....

Cool! Thanks!

8 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

It's like a roller coaster here.  Under this heavy band the winds have gone back to West and the temp just dropped 3 degrees back down to 56 again.  Heavy rain and fog is back with 2.68" total.  Fascinating!

Only in this crazy, mixed up year of 2020... :wacko2:

1 hour ago, paweather said:

I'm with you on no one wants to talk to you right now, being in the Healthcare IT Consulting business where sales matter our market was so competitive and striving 2 months ago now is pretty much at a stand still. I feel guilty even having my sales team prospecting the client base hospitals so we balance it out right now. But you see ER's all over the place empty and hospitals laying off because of so low of volume it is disheartening for sure. Hope soon, we need to open and let the economy come back that is a for sure.  

I should ask...why do you think a lot of hospitals in lower populated areas are half empty right now? It wouldn't be because of the school and business closures? Or the quarantining and stay at home orders etc...? I could go on. You take those away too soon and you repeat history just like the Spanish flu of 1918/19...

But yeah everything is completely SOAKED out there right now. I also heard this May might be a lot cooler than average which kinda sucks...especially right now a hot humid May would be great for what we've been experiencing the past few months :\

Just now, TheDreamTraveler said:

I should ask...why do you think a lot of hospitals in lower populated areas are half empty right now? It wouldn't be because of the school and business closures? Or the quarantining and stay at home orders etc...? I could go on. You take those away too soon and you repeat history just like the Spanish flu of 1918/19...

But yeah everything is completely SOAKED out there right now. I also heard this May might be a lot cooler than average which kinda sucks...especially right now a hot humid May would be great for what we've been experiencing the past few months :\

I'll answer if I may.

all elective surgeries IE hips/shoulders/preventive...."non life threatening" have been suspended since closure.  I've got several friends in healthcare and they've all said the same thing.  One is in radiology and has been laid off for over a month.  

She said it was dead in there.  and so was the CV19 "action"  

20 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

With all due respect on this reply to you, I have been in the Healthcare consulting business for over 20 years in which I carry many Healthcare relationships not just in PA but all over the country. So, yes this is fact not fake news that hospitals even in PA are carrying low volume of patients especially on the ER side and elective surgeries where that is part of their revenue gain. This is why UPMC made the decision before Wolf did to go forward with elective surgeries starting Monday. 

And, yes hospitals are laying off and/or furloughing employees because of the loss revenue and volume. We aren't in 1918 we are in 2020. 1918 was a different decade many, many decades ago and healthcare wasn't in the same position then as now. Please don't even compare it to this. If you are afraid to go out, stay sheltered that's perfectly fine. What will happen if we stay shutdown there likely will be more addiction, suicides, and other deaths that will be higher than our death toll in PA right now. Everybody has their own opinion I will respect that but you cannot keep this economy down forever due to fear. Thanks and I do not mean any disrespect at all. And I should ask do you really believe the numbers that we are given every day which now includes "probable" cases of COVID? 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

1. 911 dispatchers screening callers HARD 2. People who called 911 prior to covid that wanted a trip to the ER for drugs, now don't wanna go to the hospital. 3. Elective surgeries as Eric mentioned have been postponed. 4. stay at home? no traffic, vechicle crashes are WAY down to name a few

Still dumping here. i'm at work so no idea how many Inches

15 minutes ago, paweather said:

With all due respect on this reply to you, I have been in the Healthcare consulting business for over 20 years in which I carry many Healthcare relationships not just in PA but all over the country. So, yes this is fact not fake news that hospitals even in PA are carrying low volume of patients especially on the ER side and elective surgeries where that is part of their revenue gain. This is why UPMC made the decision before Wolf did to go forward with elective surgeries starting Monday. 

And, yes hospitals are laying off and/or furloughing employees because of the loss revenue and volume. We aren't in 1918 we are in 2020. 1918 was a different decade many, many decades ago and healthcare wasn't in the same position then as now. Please don't even compare it to this. If you are afraid to go out, stay sheltered that's perfectly fine. What will happen if we stay shutdown there likely will be more addiction, suicides, and other deaths that will be higher than our death toll in PA right now. Everybody has their own opinion I will respect that but you cannot keep this economy down forever due to fear. Thanks and I do not mean any disrespect at all. And I should ask do you really believe the numbers that we are given every day which now includes "probable" cases of COVID? 

Oh I hate this just as much as you do.  I don't want the economy closed, nobody does. I mean I've seen a few people outright say they'd rather open everything back up now and let people die just for the economy. I think the decision for places to start opening back up starting Mid-May is a smart one because I think we can open a big portion of the economy during the summer. But once we get deep into September what do you think will happen? Cold and Flu seasons start ramping back up and so will coronavirus. Except this time Covid will be even worse than it was this year because it's now firmly established in society and will have a full season to wreck havoc. Imagine what would happen if we don't close anything down or take preventive measures next winter? I'm not looking forward to it either.

4 minutes ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Oh I hate this just as much as you do.  I don't want the economy closed, nobody does. I mean I've seen a few people outright say they'd rather open everything back up now and let people die just for the economy. I think the decision for places to start opening back up starting Mid-May is a smart one because I think we can open a big portion of the economy during the summer. But once we get deep into September what do you think will happen? Cold and Flu seasons start ramping back up and so will coronavirus. Except this time Covid will be even worse than it was this year because it's now firmly established in society and will have a full season to wreck havoc. Imagine what would happen if we don't close anything down or take preventive measures next winter? I'm not looking forward to it either.

If we close everything again next Winter it will be a MUCH worse situation than now.  Let's hope that does not happen. 

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

The rainfall rate is running out of steam here despite how it appears on radar.  I'd say I only have about a 20% chance to cross the 3.00" finish line.  Storm total now at 2.82" with light rain continuing.  Temp steady at 59.0 degrees.

Seeing the same thing here.  Dark greens overhead but basically just heavy drizzle.  

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we close everything again next Winter it will be a MUCH worse situation that now.  Let's hope that does not happen. 

Yeah, if we don't get a vaccine in the next year or so or find any type of cure then I don't see how we'll be able to handle doing this for years. We might have to end up letting it spread and herd immunity taking over and that's only the last resort option we should choose because the amount of deaths would be astronomical in that case :\

I'll stop talking about this since it's cluttering up the weather talk.

Just now, TheDreamTraveler said:

Yeah, if we don't get a vaccine in the next year or so or find any type of cure then I don't see how we'll be able to handle doing this for years. We might have to end up letting it spread and herd immunity taking over and that's only the last resort option we should choose because the amount of deaths would be astronomical in that case :\

I think once they can gauge actually penetration rates currently we can see how many people have not had it.  If 30-40 percent already had it then we are off to a good head start albeit that is assuming it does not mutate and become something new. 

1 minute ago, TheDreamTraveler said:

Good point, but just like flu even with vaccine the flu kills people and if you look at the numbers it is a lot of people again even with a vaccine. I don't want to live through a great depression that is for sure so there will always be a risk you might catch COVID just like any other year you might catch the flu. I feel horrible for small business who carry the same kind of products as a Walmart, Groceries stores, Lowes on and on who cannot open now, why not? To me, politics aside this unfortunately has become more politically driven then anything else. Again, my opinion. The Western part of our state look at the numbers, look at the hospital volume (why UPMC did what they are doing). Even in NYC when we brought the ship in for more hospital beds it was hardly even used and is leaving Friday. Hospitals for sure aren't overwhelmed. I talk to many in this industry, just had a discussion with someone from North Carolina yesterday same thing there hospitals are not being overwhelmed. We need to move on from this and live and again if you or anyone else doesn't want to go because of fear stay home. Thanks man and again all in respect. 

3 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

If we close everything again next Winter it will be a MUCH worse situation than now.  Let's hope that does not happen. 

Closing everything down in the winter snow and bitter cold season would be awful. Dark at 5pm. Too cold to sit outside. No lawn or garden work to do. And could you see having to wait in line to get into Walmart for an hour when it's 10 degrees with a 30 mph wind? 

It's tough enough going through it now. I couldn't imagine having to do it in December and January when most people would be TOTALLY shut in their houses.

8 minutes ago, Cashtown_Coop said:

It has a little but the back edge doesn’t have the bite like earlier.   Somewhere around .15”/hr 

2 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

My Dark Green drizzle just ended.  That was a bit strange how the radar showed fairly high dBZ's but it really was a nothing burger.

Time to play catch up over this way - it is hammering. 

• Like 1