• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Central PA - Spring 2020

2 hours ago, Voyager said:

Thanks. Neither do I, but mine is usually pretty close to the USGS automated gauge about a half mile north of my house.

Over the next hour (which is as far as it goes) AccuWx's future radar does not move the eastern edge at all and basically stalls it along a line from Bloomsburg to Hegins to Hershey to Spring Grove.

Yep right to the west of us Harrisburg is rain and we are nothing right now. Crazy!

14 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well, guys, the fire hose has been spraying heavy rain over me all morning.  Just hit the 1.50" mark with more to come.  Can't believe there's been almost nothing just 50 miles east of here.  Temp 60 degrees.

Had some sprinkles earlier but they have stopped. Current temp is 68 on the nose. 

18 minutes ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Well, guys, the fire hose has been spraying heavy rain over me all morning.  Just hit the 1.50" mark with more to come.  Can't believe there's been almost nothing just 50 miles east of here.  Temp 60 degrees.

We finally started to rain. What an interesting look to the radar. 

57 minutes ago, Bubbler86 said:

I just cannot come to spending money to watch rain.  LOL.  

x2 

Hi guys.  Hope all is well.  Sitting here bored sending emails and hoping business starts to pick up.  NOONE wants to talk right now.........:thumbsdown:

Enjoy your soaker.  Winds are ripping pretty nicely here in LSV.  Not convinced things hold up once east of mtns for high end 3" to verify.  Looks like a solid 1-1.5 w 2" lollipops IMO.  Mind you I like Voyager am merely looking at HRRRRR for short term.  Looking at winds, best dynamics/qpf look to be Voyagerville and N to IPT and east.  East branch susqu likely most affected IMO.  

28 minutes ago, pasnownut said:

x2 

Hi guys.  Hope all is well.  Sitting here bored sending emails and hoping business starts to pick up.  NOONE wants to talk right now.........:thumbsdown:

Enjoy your soaker.  Winds are ripping pretty nicely here in LSV.  Not convinced things hold up once east of mtns for high end 3" to verify.  Looks like a solid 1-1.5 w 2" lollipops IMO.  Mind you I like Voyager am merely looking at HRRRRR for short term.  Looking at winds, best dynamics/qpf look to be Voyagerville and N to IPT and east.  East branch susqu likely most affected IMO.  

WPC has been consistently focusing on that area for the past couple of days. I agree with everything you said. 

Just now, canderson said:

We have been alternating to mid to heavy rain to light rain. Mostly mid. 

HBG is well positioned in these federal hands to do well - something about jamming on the mountains to the west is my guess.  

Is Trump going to opine on this?  :-).  The rains are Beautiful...the best rains in the world.  It rains in 187 different countries but no one rains at the rate we do. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Itstrainingtime said:

WPC has been consistently focusing on that area for the past couple of days. I agree with everything you said. 

LOL.  I havent been looking much at all....so i'm glad they dont think I'm off my rocker.............

Now you guys thinking that......well......:P

1 minute ago, CarlislePaWx said:

Absolutely pouring here still.  Storm total now up to 2.10".  Temp continues to slowly fall, now 55.2 degrees.  WSW winds 5-10 mph.  No more easterly component here.

Looks like back edge is rather close for you but thats a solid few hours of precip for sure.  

5 minutes ago, daxx said:

I would not count out our area for two inch plus rainfall amounts. Lancaster/York area seems to do well with heavy rainfall quite often.

I'd only say that with setups like this, we dont have the forcing mechanisms that others in the mtns/hill and valley regions do IMO

6 minutes ago, daxx said:

I would not count out our area for two inch plus rainfall amounts. Lancaster/York area seems to do well with heavy rainfall quite often.

There is a growing area of heavy rain in central VA that is aimed at our area (will miss those that have had heavy rain already wide right) so we'll see...

Just now, Cashtown_Coop said:

Over 2.50” here and things are saturated for sure.    Flood warning Northern frederick county just to my south 

wow.  I'll bet you a beer we dont get that here in Lanco...

I'll bring a boat to deliver if I'm wrong.