• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 9-10 Winter Storm

madwx

The Euro has now sunk the heaviest snow band away from MSP and into far northern Iowa.  Decorah looks like a sweet spot, with less but still solid snow across Wisconsin.  I'm not confident the southern-edge snow will accumulate very well.  The surface temp from Cedar Rapids eastward into Illinois will be in the 30s.

sn10_024h.us_mw.png

36 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The Euro has now sunk the heaviest snow band away from MSP and into far northern Iowa.  Decorah looks like a sweet spot, with less but still solid snow across Wisconsin.  I'm not confident the southern-edge snow will accumulate very well.  The surface temp from Cedar Rapids eastward into Illinois will be in the 30s.

sn10_024h.us_mw.png

Yeah, ratios should be held in check on the southern end due to marginal temps.  Evaporative/dynamic cooling will be up against southerly flow. 

No 00Z NAM update. All you gotta know. Ready for 60's and sun,
I think the NAM continues to struggle with dry air it thinks will be there and probably won't be and therefore saturates later and limits the duration of the snow. Still gonna be a quick hitter but losing a few hours in the morning matters. That said, the UKMET shifted north a bit though still has about 0.2" liquid equivalent over northern Illinois so pretty much in line with consensus.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk