• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    jason pottar
    Newest Member
    jason pottar

February to Forget Volume 2 - 2020

24 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That whole joke about “she’s not gonna let us out,” is true though. As much as this winter has frustrated the heck out of me, there’s no sign of any so-called pattern change to a torch. So it’s either going to continue to tease the hell out of us, or eventually something breaks right.

It’s been a Torch since Dec 22. Jan was top 10 all time warmest. We have been in a torch and will continue that in Feb with higher temps due to increasing sun angle. It is over

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It’s been a Torch since Dec 22. Jan was top 10 all time warmest. We have been in a torch and will continue that in Feb with higher temps due to increasing sun angle. It is over

LL is appreciating your melts. FYI.

11 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

And just like that the GEFS flip normal to below normal from days 11-16....Go figure

Eps also

• Weenie 1

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You are like the Ukie...if you balance out all of the extreme solutions, you have a decent verification score.

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 1

19 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Eps has a better pattern starting at 210

I have been waiting for the cold and dry pattern all winter and there it is....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

What happened to the half glass full kinda day you were having?

I'm at home with 3 kids....it becomes half empty really quick

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9

those that say no winter or snow through march will be wrong . sne area and i 95 area will get snow  and big ones too with a blizzard. .even dc will get a big snowstorm too . weather has making up fast . brad field is the best weather person  he has his pod cast  .

• Sad 1
  • Weenie 4

13 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

those that say no winter or snow through march will be wrong . sne area and i 95 area will get snow  and big ones too with a blizzard. .even dc will get a big snowstorm too . weather has making up fast . brad field is the best weather person  he has his pod cast  .

I'm still digging out from your previous calls.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

I'm still digging out from your previous calls.

Especially the call for blizzards in March and April 2002 when he was blizzard22

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheCloser24 said:

Retired chief meteorologist from NBC CT

Ah, No wonder i've never heard of him.

44 minutes ago, danstorm said:

A state legislator fed up with CT seat belt laws?

My man!   How’s it going?  

17 minutes ago, weathafella said:

My man!   How’s it going?  

Hey man, looooong time!!!

I'm good, living the dream in the NYC suburbs with my wife and two beautiful kids - Levi is almost 6 and Sadie is 3.

Not working as a met though I still have a side business I founded in the space.  Work in analytics in the city for a financial services consultancy.  Too many hours but what can you do, Montclair is expensive.

How are you? Was up in your neck of the woods a few weeks back meeting with a few of our asset management clients in Boston.  

What a shit-tastic winter we are having, eh? My town lucked out with 6" (local max for the NYC Metro) from the early Dec storm that hit CNE very hard, then had a large ice storm later that month... since then, it's been a fight between rain, torch, and just regular above normal temps.  Of course you guys know that as you've been experiencing the same.

Euro weeklies have no chance of a neg NAO thru March. LR forecasts like winter LR forecasts meh , hit or miss. Ratter on the weeklies. No torch though so like Scooter said it doesn’t want to let us out.

11 minutes ago, danstorm said:

Hey man, looooong time!!!

I'm good, living the dream in the NYC suburbs with my wife and two beautiful kids - Levi is almost 6 and Sadie is 3.

Not working as a met though I still have a side business I founded in the space.  Work in analytics in the city for a financial services consultancy.  Too many hours but what can you do, Montclair is expensive.

How are you? Was up in your neck of the woods a few weeks back meeting with a few of our asset management clients in Boston.  

What a shit-tastic winter we are having, eh? My town lucked out with 6" (local max for the NYC Metro) from the early Dec storm that hit CNE very hard, then had a large ice storm later that month... since then, it's been a fight between rain, torch, and just regular above normal temps.  Of course you guys know that as you've been experiencing the same.

Wow that’s great!  You’re a lucky man!  
I’m almost on the other side-retiring from my current job at the end of June.  After the summer I’ll decide if I want to work or not but if I do it will be under 20 hours/week.  60 hours for decades gets old at age 73!    

I’m living winter vicariously through my daughter in Burlington VT...lol.

Montclair is nice!  I grew up in NNJ-some great snows in the 50s and 60s!