Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb To Forget? - 2020 Discussion

TalcottWx

2 minutes ago, PaulyFromPlattsburgh said:

yall might wanna check out the 12zNAVGEM evolution at 500mb also. thats a possibility also. another interesting possible solution. hr180 on the NAVGEM shows how easily this can become all NS if that SS slides east initially and faster

We're spraying solutions all over the plausibility map ... yeah, we know -

Nothing is also possible for that matter.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Nah .... it's only personally guilty if you think it's for validation - as in, it's going to happen.

There's nothing wrong with having fun - it's a social media pass-time, one that has emerged because of the Internet advent meets with models that should be available to the tax-payers that ultimately foot the bill.  It's just that people's purpose for the engagement vary, ...some unhealthy.  That's not us - or 'me' anyway.

The 12z Euro now is two runs back to back with no bueno on anything.  Hard to to tell ... it did flatten the undulate big-time western ridge signal as I suspected, but it's - I think - tizzying over what to do with the wave lengths down stream and it's messed it up.  Heh, in an intuitive since, it may be a better sign for a system for that model to "not" carry one at D7.5. I mean, if it's finding its way with the pattern, you almost don't want it tossing up bombs because than you know you got no fun there.  I'm curious about the EPS

Good points you make.

I agree with the uncertainty it's tumbling over with the s/w's downstream; lots of moving pieces and the mean spreads show it.  My initial thought on the EPS is that it will be pretty similar to previous run since the op kept its east bias.  If anything the EPS may be a hair further east than before. Just my thought.

7 minutes ago, It's Always Sunny said:

Good points you make.

I agree with the uncertainty it's tumbling over with the s/w's downstream; lots of moving pieces and the mean spreads show it.  My initial thought on the EPS is that it will be pretty similar to previous run since the op kept its east bias.  If anything the EPS may be a hair further east than before. Just my thought.

I've noticed that the EPS mean tends to deviate from it's operational version less so than say the GEPs with the GGEM, or GEFs and GFS.  ...

In a sense, when it doesn that might be more of a telling red flag.  The 00z version of the mean was at least a little more coalesced SE of the Cape/Long Island than the operational nadda...so, that was interesting. I'm curious if that slight, yet plausibly important differential persists or as you say...slips east. 

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I've noticed that the EPS mean tends to deviate from it's operational version less so than say the GEPs with the GGEM, or GEFs and GFS.  ...

In a sense, when it doesn that might be more of a telling red flag.  The 00z version of the mean was at least a little more coalesced SE of the Cape/Long Island than the operational nadda...so, that was interesting. I'm curious if that slight, yet plausibly important differential persists or as you say...slips east. 

The GEFS usually have no dispersion because it’s an inferior model. Just follow the leader.

17 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Don't see a noticeable difference with the EPS compared to previous run.

14 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’d rather it whiff than get another flooding rainstorm or another storm that drops an inch of garbage over to rain. You get the point.

A scraper would be fine with me... at least it would be snowy 

Hey at least when you get rain, the mountains have a shot at snow ;)

You know it’s been bad when a 1-3” scrapper would be a win.