• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    wxRob_Coleman
    Newest Member
    wxRob_Coleman

January 22nd-25th Winter Storm Potential

Kitchen sink combo here with a total of 0.8" between melts. The 2019-20 winter storm trend continues. Final call.

QPF numbers have been trending downward on the GFS with this system.  Will be interesting to note this trend throughout the next couple days

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, madwx said:

QPF numbers have been trending downward on the GFS with this system.  Will be interesting to note this trend throughout the next couple days

What else is new this winter? Although, I'm fine with that since I already postponed my birthday celebration due to snow (was on Friday 1/17) until next Friday, so would just as soon not have to do it again.

1 minute ago, hawkeye_wx said:

The Iowa NWS offices are not excited about this long-duration system at all.  They seem to be leaning toward the warmer/rainy GFS.

Real pros

Sitting between <1” on the GFS and >6” on the NAM, certainly don’t want to get too close to a consensus it seems 

1 hour ago, Gino27 said:

Probably all rain for most of OH other than the Northwest. Shucks...

Eastern OH might do 'ok', (relatively speaking of course).   Once the low dies over us and redevelops further east they might score a little. 

Hard to say for sure since the evolution is a bit odd but not inconceivable that it could snow for the better part of 48 hours in some places.  

15 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

Hard to say for sure since the evolution is a bit odd but not inconceivable that it could snow for the better part of 48 hours in some places.  

For this system or the next few weeks in general?

2 minutes ago, Hoosier said:

This one

Please explain. I'm running out of hope based off of the latest runs. The only good sign I see for me is the Euro digging deeper

The sheer duration of this thing almost ensures a 3-6"/4-8" type area.  Long duration events are better when the thermal profiles aren't marginal though. 

• Weenie 1