• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Catacol
    Newest Member
    Catacol
Thundersnow12

January 22nd-25th Winter Storm Potential

My wave 1 snow total is 2.9".  It seemed fairly fluffy last night, but it seemed a bit wetter and heavier while shoveling this morning.  My liquid total in the gauge is 0.29", so it's close to 10:1.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, hawkeye_wx said:

My wave 1 snow total is 2.9".  It seemed fairly fluffy last night, but this morning it seemed a bit wetter and heavier shoveling this morning.  My liquid total in the gauge is 0.29", so it's close to 10:1.

not bad.

RGEM and GFS  have both moved west with the low track on the 12Z runs, but neither is as far west as the NAM. Farther west position gives Madison more snow. GFS still showing mostly rain which seems wrong, at least around here.

I had 1.3" this morning and it's really pretty. Still very light snow falling and accumulating, very slowly.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, buckeye said:

13 pages

my god we've become the southeast forum

13.JPG

I think either the phantom bomb of February 2009 or the Christmas Ghost non-storm of 2006 were worse.  Of course, that was Eastern.  

52 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

I think either the phantom bomb of February 2009 or the Christmas Ghost non-storm of 2006 were worse.  Of course, that was Eastern.  

Oh my, I had forgotten all about that one. Nuclear meltdowns abounded. If I remember right, I ended up with about 3/4 of an inch of rain.

• Sad 1

3 inches of concrete here.  Still coming down.  It definitely switched to more of a mix for a couple hours but back to decent sized flakes now. 

• Like 1

Nice burst here now..big flakes under the heavier returns

going to be some "uneven"  storm reports totals I think ....depending on how often one clears the snowboard to measure before it melts or compacts (every 6 hrs for some longer for others)

14 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

Oh my, I had forgotten all about that one. Nuclear meltdowns abounded. If I remember right, I ended up with about 3/4 of an inch of rain.

My posts in that 2006 thread are atrocious.  Young, dumb, and wanting it to snow sum.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, IWXwx said:

OH God, not the phantom app runner triple phaser of Feb'09.    I still have visible scars on the palms of my hands from slamming them on my keyboard screaming NOOOOO.

If I recall, it ended up a washed out wave that slid off the Carolina coast

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, buckeye said:

OH God, not the phantom app runner triple phaser of Feb'09.    I still have visible scars on the palms of my hands from slamming them on my keyboard screaming NOOOOO.

Yeah, it ended up way south.  I think it was a 00z Euro run about 4 days out that was the first to suggest a suppressed outcome.

NAM/HRRR/RGEM are alone in being further west with the SLP/ULL.

Can probably toss them at this point.

• Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

2 minutes ago, buckeye said:

Imagine how DT felt with that forecast which basically blew the UKIE and went all in for a 980 riding the apps.

Yup, there was some sort of ul feature over the lakes but it was a far cry from what was initially advertised.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, A-L-E-K said:

even euro down to 3 or so lakeside and dropping each run, gonna be another $$$ call

1579986000-xKfjbTofJPM.png

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, snowstormcanuck said:

Nice streamer.  What event?

any guesses from the chicago crew?