Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 8th, 2020 Coastal - little critter

Baroclinic Zone

1 hour ago, Ginx snewx said:

Fast flow happens,  we have been blessed with lots of transient blocking,  not this time. Hopefully the fast flow scoots that Northern stream out of screwing up our southern stream. Still a day or so away from seeing what happens.  Premature thread killing jinx strikes again.lol

The rest or baseline state is faster now than it has been in the past due to climate change. 

10 minutes ago, kdxken said:

As interesting as watching paint dry. Actually a little less...

Bob, no disrespect or slight intended.  It's just that the gyrations over a possible inch of snow have become well..cumbersome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjNn4bbbgSw

14 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don't see a lot of change with the lead s/w, but there is definitely more phasing with the trailing one. Looks like it's trying to curl it back westward. The NAM does NAM things though. Gotta see some trends on the non arena league models.

Yeah the shitstreak is still killing us but we managed to bully it a little more this run with a better injection of energy into the main shortwave. We'd probably get some exponential improvement if we could lift that thing out of the way even just an couple hours earlier. 

2 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Like Will said, anyone that doesn't agree with your horseshit is a denier.

my horseshit… lol

I’m bringing it to people’s attention that there are mounting number of scientifically vetted and peer reviewed papers about the subject matter end you seem to think I’m making this up?

OK you can take away what you want or need to perceive but this is not me - you’re blaming the messenger. I never said anything about snow?

Making sure people are aware of that I was talking about specifically the HC causing compression in the winter months which is speeding up the flow and that’s not really controvertible. Leave it at that

As far as the storm ... the models are going to show what they show at an instant or a snapshot it’s not necessarily gonna be readily evident that they’re being stressed by speed. But clue as to the presence of speed surplus is incredible number of wind flags exceeding 100 kts in the H5 level and all these jet velocity above ...empirical set. But the other thing is that synoptically the wave lengths are being stretched long

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

my horseshit… lol

I’m bringing it to people’s attention that there are mounting number of scientifically vetted and peer reviewed papers about the subject matter end you seem to think I’m making this up?

OK you can take away what you want or need to perceive but this is not me - you’re blaming the messenger. I never said anything about snow?

Making sure people are aware of that I was talking about specifically the HC causing compression in the winter months which is speeding up the flow and that’s not really controvertible. Leave it at that

As far as the storm ... the models are going to show what they show at an instant or a snapshot it’s not necessarily gonna be readily evident that they’re being stressed by speed. But clue as to the presence of speed surplus is incredible number of wind flags exceeding 100 kts in the H5 level and all these jet velocity above ...empirical set. But the other thing is that synoptically the wave lengths are being stretched long

You called me parenthetically a denier. Your psycho babble mixed with science is what we all call horseshit Tip. Your melt earlier today was an all timer. Hard to take anyone serious after reading that. Lol.

Fast flow for a decade in the midst of a decade of slow moving bombs in all seasons. Personally I have seen more slow movers this past decade than my previous 5. Could you link me to these papers you so often quote and then I can judge their relevance to Wednesday's fast mover and whether or not a similar setup in the pre industrial era would have given the same result. 

• Like 2