Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Jan 8th, 2020 Coastal - little critter

Baroclinic Zone

1 minute ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I think the odds have increased for at least an inch in your area.  Satellite trends show us this is a more amplified pattern then the models shown.

18z euro says 1-2 or so here.  I’m hoping I can get the western edge of the good stuff. Hopefully you get an advisory. 

2 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

I think the odds have increased for at least an inch in your area.  Satellite trends show us this is a more amplified pattern then the models shown.

Have you accurately overlayed the model forecasts on the satellite while also determining where the vortmax is? 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

18z euro says 1-2 or so here.  I’m hoping I can get the western edge of the good stuff. Hopefully you get an advisory. 

I am going with 2-4" from canal to HYA and more than 4" from HYA eastward right now, 1-2" west of the Canal to Eastern CT.  I think the 00z cycle will pick up on the more amplified pattern, that main shortwave over IA and MO is showing a more southward punch with a more northward punch up the coast, our 250mb jet develops over 150 knots of a streak over New England as the pattern amplifies ahead of the storm, the jet lifts north.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i dont know how many members there are but the ARW on TT is dry as a bone misses way SE and barely scrapes the islands with some flurries.

The ARW2 is wet on the other hand, on that site.

ARW2 iirc is the higher skilled out of the ARW and NMM. Doesn’t mean it has to be right though.