Total Members
    Most Online
    Chicago12
    Newest Member
    Chicago12

January Banter 2020

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

Mersky kinda sucks.

Well, you never mince words. Consistency. I like it. 

8 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Do the dew :) . Good luck tomorrow up our way.  I'll be in DC for a big gymnastics competition for my oldest daughter.  Hopefully I get snowed in or encapsulated in ice .

I might catch the beginning.  I'm leaving at 9 

Good luck to her!  I’m going to Gettysburg with my wife tomorrow for the day/night. I won’t be on here for a while.  Mersky can handle things while I’m gone. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So no guesses on the storms?

I’ll take a stab...is B Boxing Day?

9 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Good luck to her!  I’m going to Gettysburg with my wife tomorrow for the day/night. I won’t be on here for a while.  Mersky can handle things while I’m gone. 

Thanks!

You should of taken her to that love nest place Ji went to . Remember that freaking hilarious pic of him playing the piano with cupids and hearts in the background :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LP08 said:

Good guess but no. B was a HECS. Jan 96. I’ll disclose soon if no one else wants to take a stab at it. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Good guess but no. B was a HECS. Jan 96. I’ll disclose soon if no one else wants to take a stab at it. 

Not sure I would call that a good guess but thanks lol.

8 minutes ago, LP08 said:

This is Boxing Day...

6DCF8E05-94FB-421F-9C33-566EDFBCD307.gif.d8c2f65e3b2bb437fcefcdbfd527a1b7.gif

it fits the cohort. But I only included one mega bust in the set and I think Boxing Day actually gave him some snow in Delaware...like 3-6” so I didn’t use that one. 

I could fill the set with busts and hits and you wouldn’t be able to tell the difference and that was my point. Pattern is only half the battle. Luck with micro scale features has to go our way too. 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

B was my guess, so if not that, then E

E was March 58

other than the bust that one was maybe cheating since it wasn’t HUGE at DCA but it was most of the area and it’s a personal fave. 

It's almost like nature is giving the mid-atlantic a big "eff you!" for snow lovers. Check out this tweet from St. Johns, NL. A raging blizzard there for over 12 hours with hurricane force winds. Absolutely ripping over there with a deathband parked right over the city.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

E was March 58

Oof. Well, whichever of A, C, or D was rain was a nutpunch

2 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

It's almost like nature is giving the mid-atlantic a big "eff you!" for snow lovers. Check out this tweet from St. Johns, NL. A raging blizzard there for over 12 hours with hurricane force winds. Absolutely ripping over there with a deathband parked right over the city.

Real nice! Reminds me of 93' a little bit

8 minutes ago, RevWarReenactor said:

I have reached Vermont. Solid snowpack already. I can't wait till tomorrow!

Drive felt like nothing. I highly recommend a trip out of the mid atlantic hell hole.

Southside steakhouse at trolley square in Rutland is an excellent eat btw.  Good luck. Have fun. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Southside steakhouse at trolley square in Rutland is an excellent eat btw.  Good luck. Have fun. 

Thanks appreciate all your help and suggestions!

Have a good time in Gettysburg.

39 minutes ago, JakkelWx said:

Honestly... who cares? Totally different climate, FFS. Might as well be Mars.

3 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I like the idea of Conway because it’s a larger town. Gotta be a few good bars. Think Rangeley only has about 1200 people. 

Just to the north and west of Auburn-Lewiston would probably be pretty nice. Close to Portland, the ocean, the ski areas.

Yes there is a lot more to do in N Conway. The Conway area gets blasted in those New England coastals being so close to the coast on the east face of the White Mountains. The town does get some shadow effect in the valley but still has frequent 12”+ storms and some 20+ which is kinda rare for valley locations in northern New England.  Some of the more remote places in the mountains around Conway get obliterated in coastals. 

41 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Oof. Well, whichever of A, C, or D was rain was a nutpunch

A Feb 2010

B Jan 1996

C Dec 2009

D Mar 2001 

E Mar 1958 

• Like 1

I used 2001 for personal reasons. I remember a couple days before that disaster I purchased my first brand new car, a little black Honda Civic from Tyson’s Corner. I was buzzing that night. New car. Blizzard on the way. I was cruising around breaking the car in listening to WTOP to hear the weather every 10 minutes even though I knew what it would say. 

Then the next morning the rug pulled out as everything shifted north. But for one night...

1 hour ago, JakkelWx said:

Sort of like Jan 96 IMBY.

3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Feb 15 squall was like that for 9.5 minutes

That Feb 2015 squall was quite a neat event, wasn't it, @Bob Chill? I got like 2" in less than an hour followed by gusty winds and brutal cold. That still remains perhaps my favorite "little" event of all time which led into a great 3-4 week period of winter that year!