Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
12/17 Messy Mix

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Maybe it has something to do with running the sfc low into Binghamton?

Yeah it’s brought the low pretty far north. It also seems weaker with the front end as the sleet line moves steadily north. Something to watch I guess. Seems like a funny jump so close to the event, but we’ll see. 

4 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

a few miles south of exit 11 off of 84....roughly 450 ft elevation. I have just noticed since moving up here that this location switches earlier than modeled, but the surface almost always lags by a few hours on most models. I get a bit of a cold air feed from the Housatonic depending on the surface winds, you can always see it on the Weatherunderground temps.

The Hoose can be a sneaky llc feed. Still think 2-4” early morning then the ip/zr fight dominates the day. 

10 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

The Hoose can be a sneaky llc feed. Still think 2-4” early morning then the ip/zr fight dominates the day. 

It makes house hunting fun, I need to drive around and take notes where the best snowfall retention areas are before we decide on location...I'm thinking 1-2 here with quite a bit of sleet

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You’re moving...within the area?

No time table, but hoping within the next year or 2 and need to stay within the area...We have actually looked at a few places in/around Southbury. I should say a location with the best snow prospects and at least slightly lower taxes.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

No time table, but hoping within the next year or 2 and need to stay within the area...We have actually looked at a few places in/around Southbury. I should say a location with the best snow prospects and at least slightly lower taxes.

The lowest taxes in the area is Oxford. Southbury has great schools (it’s why we chose it) and taxes a little better than Newtown. Snow prospects kind of the same except for the sneaky elevated areas in the area. There’s a topography map out there that will help with that. 

Agree with DIT, no reason to knee jerk off a set of less emphatic runs unless 0z continues the theme.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Your a GIF queen

Was just checking coolwx and there's a period of pingers up to the NH border toward 00z  on the NAMs. Maybe it's overdone, but the DGZ gets pretty high above the best lift even toward the end. I probably wouldn't go with very high ratios.