Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12/17 Messy Mix

40/70 Benchmark

31 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

I would certainly keep one eye on the mesos tonight and if they ramp up the speed and extent of the mid-level warming as we get closer.  Not hard to envision sleet getting to the Pike or beyond before retreating back.  Parts of CT definitely in the FZRA crosshairs.

That would also mean that we continue to see upticks to the north on modeling, I know i would be much happier to get more in the way of qpf up here to a lot of others unhappiness.................lol

• Haha 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Might not have total confidence in 6+ over a larger area. If they have 4-6” and someone gets 7” in a small area, does it really  matter?

I mean really does the average person even know the difference between an advisory and a warning?   I wouldn’t have huge confidence in 6” for anyone so I get it.  Not sure how they pull the trigger.  6” for 50%+ of a county? 

2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I mean really does the average person even know the difference between an advisory and a warning?   I wouldn’t have huge confidence in 6” for anyone so I get it.  Not sure how they pull the trigger.  6” for 50%+ of a county? 

The public only sees amounts. They don’t really care or understand as you said.