Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December Banter 2019

George BM

2 hours ago, Maestrobjwa said:

So what was it about that day (other than the epic snow? Lol)

Marrying your best friend in front of your closest friends/family (some of whom drove 6+hours in the snow from the eastern shore to frederick). even if it hadn't snowed, that day would be the best. the snow was an epic bonus!

2 hours ago, North Balti Zen said:

Whenever you post those pics, Katie, I think that looks like the most perfect ceremony ever.

Ha, that wasn't the ceremony. We did all that inside. But at the end of the wedding, the snow finally stopped and our photographer was like "how crazy would it be to go outside and get some pictures"

I didn't need to be asked twice. slipped on some shoes and hiked that dress up to my ass, walked through 2 feet of snow to get to the pergola and we got pictures. i didn't even wait for my husband to follow, i was like, Yup we are doing this. 

and it was fantastic. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

It’s almost time for the Great Reaping. All I’m doing these days is thinking of how to snatch souls. 

Driving to work 

il_570xN.567503889_o4no.jpg

Objects in mirror are closer than they appear??

At work

khja5.jpg

Aren't cigarettes bad for your health?  Oh, wait a minute, I guess that doesn't matter!!

At home

1r8d4t.jpg

I've been waiting a LOOOOONG time for a Cleveland Browns' winning season! (And still waiting!)

In bed

tumblr_oy8zzy2I401v8mzhco1_400.jpg

Over my cold dead....errr, nevermind!!

(ETA:  Which reminds me of perhaps the shortest bar joke ever:  A skeleton walks into a bar and orders a beer and a mop!)

• Haha 3

I finally got around to cutting the cord a few months ago and get rid of cable. I wish I did this the day youtube tv came out. Between that and my kids friends' logins for hulu and netflix I got everything I need and more. Saving $1,200/yr and that includes a much faster net speed.  If anyone is on the fence just do it.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I finally got around to cutting the cord a few months ago and get rid of cable. I wish I did this the day youtube tv came out. Between that and my kids friends' logins for hulu and netflix I got everything I need and more. Saving $1,200/yr and that includes a much faster net speed.  If anyone is on the fence just do it.

No doubt...it's pretty liberating isn't it?  We cut the cord a little over a year ago and havent looked back.  We actually kept our local channels through Direct TV because they offered me 19.99/mo for a year.  Then upped it to $60/mo....lol.  That was the last straw and they wouldn't budge on it.  Nothing makes me happier than to not send Direct TV another dime.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

I don’t know why change is hard for me. After I make the decision and do it, it feels great. I mull crap over forever. An example is I finally changed from att to t mobile for cell service. Got an 11 pro 256 with unlimited and the bill is still cheaper than what I got thru att.

Just now, losetoa6 said:

Enjoy!!  I have an early day tomorrow but I'm psyched for it .

Midnight showing?

10:30. I’ll be dead tomorrow but oh well. I liked last Jedi but I do get why some didn’t. But I can just enjoy a movie without letting my own expectations get in the way. I also think it was good as it’s own movie but didn’t work as the middle of a trilogy. Left the plot in ruins and killed off the big bad. J.J. has some work to do to stick a landing imo. I know it gets mixed reviews but the criticisms I’m hearing I mostly roll my eyes at. “It’s campy and unrealistic and has fan service and the plot is too busy”.  Umm yea it’s Star Wars. Duh. Those kinds of reviews from people who think all movies have to be artsy don’t bother me.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Cut the cord and get hulu live for all your local sports. That's what I did and it is worth the price. 55$ monthly is alot cheaper than cable and you seem to have better/more options with the hulu live.

Stupid MASN (Angelos) refuses to let it on streaming. I hope the Nats drop MASN and use NBC Sports Washington. 

I switched to streaming over two years ago and have switched between ATT Now, Hulu with Live TV and now on YouTube TV.  Prices keep increasing where eventually I’ll probably just ditch live TV altogether 

39 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Watching Empire Strikes Back ....The BEST Of the series imo . Getting pumped up for tomorrow night :thumbsup:

I've heard that from various critics and others about the original 3 "Star Wars" trilogy movies, and I agree.  It's perhaps the most tightly packed and developed of them all...not to mention the most serious plot-wise.  Not to say the other 2 aren't great too, but "Empire" is a cut above.  And the one where Lucas did the least to mess it up in the re-makes and re-re-makes!!  I swear I remember in the re-make Lucas added Luke Skywalker yelling as he fell down the shaft after Vader cut off his hand, which I think was unnecessary and ruined it.  But a later "release", that yell was removed (and thus returned to how it originally was).  It was so  much more effective to watch him silently let go and knowingly fall rather than give in to Darth Vader.

Have a GREAT time, always great on the Big Screen!!!

• Like 1

So anyone have any knowledge about weather dynamics in the high latitudes?  How cold or not it is down here is largely a function of how much or how little arctic air we get shunted our way.  But factors control how cold or mild the source regions are? 

Just naively, I might think that it is the inverse of the mid-latitudes.  By that I mean, that high latitudes will tend to be mild if there is a large amount of arctic air transported down south, and will tend to be cold if they get isolated from the mids.  Under that theory I would expect the arctic regions to be cold in a +AO, because they are isolated from the mids.  Conversely, in a -AO, I would expect the source regions to be mild since they are constantly loosing cold to the south.

But I don't consistently see that sort of anomaly pattern.  Seems more often for anomalies to hemispherically correlated, or meridianally correlated.

Its something I have been wondering about for a long time.

12 hours ago, nw baltimore wx said:

Penn State taught the nation how to rattle MD. This is fugly.

Im 99% sure my mom was at the game. I noticed (per her Ring activity) that she was out until 230am lol I think it may have been a fundraiser thing with the team (Fast Breakers). I know they usually pick one game, usually up in Jersey, and take a bus to go to it. Otherwise, she's went to some wild party to be out that late

Either way, my point is.. sucks if she went all the way up there to watch the mess of a game. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, mappy said:

Im 99% sure my mom was at the game. I noticed (per her Ring activity) that she was out until 230am lol I think it may have been a fundraiser thing with the team (Fast Breakers). I know they usually pick one game, usually up in Jersey, and take a bus to go to it. Otherwise, she's went to some wild party to be out that late

Either way, my point is.. sucks if she went all the way up there to watch the mess of a game. 

Mom likes to throw some down.  Keg stands and DJ Nana?

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic