Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monday 12/2 Threat Disco

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, Snowcrazed71 said:

The thing I'm a little baffled at is they have northern Fairfield and Litchfield county under the Winter Storm Warning, but, left Hartford and Tolland counties a Winter Weather Advisory? Grin what I'm seeing..we should be anywhere between 8-12"?

They could technically get like 5" and then another 5" and since they fall more than 24 hours apart they wouldn't verify a warning....

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Amazing we haven't figured out round 2 yet. Heck round 1 is hard enough to forecast right now. 

My gut says round 1 underperforms (relatively speaking) and round 2 overperforms. 

I think ORH is good for 8-14" but in the back of my mind I'm concerned they keep racking it up all day Monday on NE flow and they never ping or just briefly ping...BOS somewhere around 6-10". Jackpot zone is N ORH county over to Chris's 'hood and maybe monads and Mitch in S VT. 

And because Kevin will whine if I don't make a CT prediction. I'd go 6-10 there as well. 

Theres obviously some bigger than normal bust potential with this storm. 

Bump . The man knows snow

51 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Amazing we haven't figured out round 2 yet. Heck round 1 is hard enough to forecast right now. 

My gut says round 1 underperforms (relatively speaking) and round 2 overperforms. 

I think ORH is good for 8-14" but in the back of my mind I'm concerned they keep racking it up all day Monday on NE flow and they never ping or just briefly ping...BOS somewhere around 6-10". Jackpot zone is N ORH county over to Chris's 'hood and maybe monads and Mitch in S VT. 

And because Kevin will whine if I don't make a CT prediction. I'd go 6-10 there as well. 

Theres obviously some bigger than normal bust potential with this storm. 

We pray.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

How much for Holliston/Ashland at 411 feet?

Prob 7-12ish right now. Again...big bust potential though. Esp over interior where Monday may snow a bit more than we think...even before the overnight Monday stuff. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Prob 7-12ish right now. Again...big bust potential though. Esp over interior where Monday may snow a bit more than we think...even before the overnight Monday stuff. 

Will seems to me Scott could definitely capitalize on the ocean enhancement stuff from late afternoon thru midnite and beyond Monday  . Bit of a wild card there but S shore could thump from enhancement , no? It’s been dang consistent on modeling and by 4-5pm thermals should cooperate 

ceiling seems sneaky high there 

Just now, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Will seems to me Scott could definitely capitalize on the ocean enhancement stuff from late afternoon thru midnite and beyond . But if a wild card there but S shore could thump from enhancement , no? It’s been dang consistent on modeling and by 4-5pm thermals should cooperate 

Yeah. If he can flip back to snow by mid/late Monday afternoon, there's potential for big positive bust there too. The problem is obviously flipping back to snow that soon. Gets fairly mild in low levels on the east side of that CF for a while...but theoretically that should have sunk south of him by Monday late afternoon. So we'll see. 850s are marginal there on some guidance too until Monday evening. 

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Since everyone is asking and I see you as the snow guru around here, thoughts on this weird snow hole over SWCT? Seems to have been showing up over the past 36 hrs, is this just the models not being able to see the subsistence zones? 

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Since everyone is asking and I see you as the snow guru around here, thoughts on this weird snow hole over SWCT? Seems to have been showing up over the past 36 hrs, is this just the models not being able to see the subsistence zones? 

Yeah they are also trying to figure out if the CCB is going to be more coherent or not. There's been a general trend of more coherent in the past few runs but some of those 06z runs did show more holes again. My guess is you will see at least advisory snow (3-5) in round 2. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Well hopefully a little damp if not juicyWell hopefully a little damp if not juicy

We’ll get some snow...probably just not blockbuster unless we get a little bust in our favor. You’ll do better down there.

edit...I keep forgetting you’re in Boscawen now too.