Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
11/24 storm obs

Damage In Tolland

27 minutes ago, dryslot said:

+RN, 30.7°F

Brutal. Is it freezing in places at least. Depending on how hard the rain is I guess the water doesn't have enough time to freeze before runoff.

Isn't there a standard for freezing rain accretion pertinent to how hard it's raining? I would think for heavy rain to freeze up the temp would need to be no higher than 27-28?

Just now, BombsAway1288 said:

Brutal. Is it freezing in places at least. Depending on how hard the rain is I guess the water doesn't have enough time to freeze before runoff.

Isn't there a standard for freezing rain accretion pertinent to how hard it's raining? I would think for heavy rain to freeze up the temp would need to be no higher than 27-28?

Yeah, Its not freezing here, That's about right i think for accretion temps, That's how it was in the ice storm in 1998 here, Temps in the Mid 20's

CC is washing out about halfway through VT now and is occasionally collapsing back southward over N NH/ME. ALb is still seeing rain with crappy low levels, but at least the mid levels are cooling off. That should help out Gene or maybe even here eventually where temps are 32-34F.

56 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, nice surprise for you this AM.  I like the sneaky events that you wake up saying, “Huh?”

The boy got up first, I thought something was wrong the way he yelled “daddy come quick” and then I saw the cars covered in snow.   It would have been nice to actually see it coming down because I bet it was dumping. 

BOX still says 'meh'.

.NEAR TERM /UNTIL 6 PM THIS EVENING/...

155 PM Update

* Heaviest rain shifts to portions of the interior through the
  late afternoon

* Rain may change to wet snow late this afternoon in the Berks
  and Worcester Hills but any accums should be minor

* NNW Wind gusts of 40 to 50 mph develop along the coastal plain
  this evening with a few gusts up to 55 or 60 mph on the Cape