Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

8 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Week of Kuchera would imply a week of snow, I don’t know never seen anyone respond to a snow map by saying , not much for a week of snow

I was thinking it was a total for all precip expected to fall during the specified time period whereas a specific event would be a single date or a much smaller range of time.  No big deal, I am generally happy with any snow falling as it all adds up.

2 hours ago, klw said:

Craftsbury Cross County center actually preserved some snow over the summer to help set its base this year.

https://fasterskier.com/fsarticle/innovation-and-the-science-of-over-summer-snow-storage-at-the-craftsbury-outdoor-center/

As a kid I started doing experiments with snow preservation.  I called it the snow blob and improved it every year.  Of course I only had my backyard and dealt with limited snow some years (70s and 80s) but I was basically doing what they are doing.  Too bad I can't make a living off preserving snow...lol

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I essentially checked out for a spell once it became apparent that the ongoing system would stay south...ugh

I mean you know how it goes.Something could always sneak in under the radar. However I think I’ll wait till later in the first week of January to flush this out.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I mean you know how it goes.Something could always sneak in under the radar. However I think I’ll wait till later in the first week of January to flush this out.

Yea, I think second week of January at the earliest to see the Pacific modfify a bit...and hopefully another NAO flex in latter January or Feb.

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Weeklies look like La Niña. Big dateline ridge.

This is why I think we will need the NAO; while there will of course be fluctuations, but I don't foresee a consistently favorable Pacific for the balance of the season. I know the caveats with weeklies, but those were my November thoughts, as well.

Early NAO seems to have succumbed to stout and resilient pv, as anticipated.