• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

I personally have not liked the Tuesday storm from the start.  I want that trailing polar/arctic shortwave energy to phase with the extra southern energy left behind the Tuesday system and allow for our own monster coastal storm to develop on Wednesday.  It won't be a long duration event, there is no true blocking present even if transient.  Problem is sometimes the models can't catch onto the intensity of the shortwave or speed of transit when it is less sampled.

19 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

OSU, that model has no idea what the hell it wants that energy to do next week.  If we get a more amplified arctic jet, we will see some impacts from that potential coastal system.  Southern energy is not pulled in or phased with the arctic shortwave and we get a near miss.

I dont think any models have shown that being a potential coastal system during that time frame. 

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We just didn't hear you say that yesterday following the blocky solution...

Yesterday the models were great today they suck.... yesterday.he thought he hit the daily double with the good model solutions and the signing by the Mets of Porcello....Today he went to cash his "winning tickets" and they told him better luck next time...…..