Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

It's in the low 30s up and down the CT river valley right now, for most.

and it's more pervasive than that, too.. 

all of Massivetwoshits north of the Pike is 33 to 35 with DPs < 32 this hour, and enough home stations with NW and N wind to suggest at least an interval of drain is underway.  Saturate this llv and I suspect we're 31.8 icing -

1 hour ago, weatherwiz said:

I always like to try to explain it when I do blog posts but I always feel like I'm explaining it incorrectly or confusing. 

What I sort of struggle with is the stricture of it I guess..and why the structure is the way it is...for example on the right side of the image the shape of the 10, 15, 20.

I hate when you look at something and you understand the significance of it (so like I understand when you see omega and lower omega values within this zone...that is great for snow) but you don't know how to explain it and properly. 

I thought we would do stuff in school with bufkit...but nobody even really heard of it or used it lol

I feel as though I articulate myself well, but just trying to wrap my mind around the concept...think I've got it.

59 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

This would be fun solution if this rendition were closer to reality mid week ...

jma_z500_mslp_us_5.png

I think if more consequential cyclogenesis succeeds within that particular time frame, it will have done so with mostly pure n stream availing itself of increasing PNA amplitude.. 

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

That's NJ model-Miller B detonation primed and ready on that euro graphic...

That modest but important +PP N of Maine is the whole thing... 

I'm not seeing any warm intrusion making much N of the southern sections when we see that - it really never happens. Particularly when we have some cryospheric feedbacks up that way by then. Folks should realize, this thing is a blizzard for much of eastern Ontario and then we have that fresh high cresting around western Maine and White Mountains two days later... I think we're seeing a pretty strong CAD expression nosing down from that set up and if the Euro frontal tapestry plays out during that sort of correction we probably have an snow-ice-snow evolution - 

Not major - but light to middling

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

That modest but important +PP N of Maine is the whole thing... 

I'm not seeing any warm intrusion making much N of the southern sections when we see that - it really never happens. Particularly when we have some cryospheric feedbacks up that way by then. Folks should realize, this thing is a blizzard for much of eastern Ontario and then we have that fresh high cresting around western Maine and White Mountains two days later... I think we're seeing a pretty strong CAD expression nosing down from that set up and if the Euro frontal tapestry plays out during that sort of correction we probably have an snow-ice-snow evolution - 

Not major - but light to middling

I edited...se heights a hair high...