Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2019 Discussion

Torch Tiger

6 minutes ago, Kitzbuhel Craver said:

Yeah, EPS towards the end of the run, heading into the holiday doesn’t look all that great. Zonal PAC POO.

The only thing saving us, are the higher heights to our north. Otherwise, kind of an ugly look and it’s been that way for awhile. It’s been the riding the line look for some time.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Nothing screams torch like North Northwest and West winds. Probably more like downside risk on overnights upside on highs. There is a landphoon headed for Cape Cod

It’s mild overall. I don’t know, it’s a CONUS warm blob that’s close by. I don’t think you can just ignore it. It will depend on what happens with any storm prior to that as well. 

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I’m definitely not trolling. It’s an iffy look going forward on the EPS. Will it happen? Who knows, but that’s what it has. So far, we’ve sort of made out with the look.  

I know. I josh.  It seems that the tenor of the month has been to trend colder as we get closer in time.  Not sure if that is actually true or just my perception. I thought the month would be a bit AN temp wise and BN snow wise.   Oops

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I know. I josh.  It seems that the tenor of the month has been to trend colder as we get closer in time.  Not sure if that is actually true or just my perception. I thought the month would be a bit AN temp wise and BN snow wise.   Oops

The general theme has been that we’ve trended more wintry when we approach some given date that looked iffy. However the PAC finally looks to go rather unfavorable, so who knows. If we can get blocking to persist, that will help keep any warmth west and south. It does still seem to be active, so that’s good.