Chicago Storm

Nov. 10-11th snow event thing

I would almost consider a watch and eventual warning for Southern Lower Michigan especially since this is the first snowfall of the year and may be heaviest around Monday Morning rush hour. If things continue to tick upward it would most certainly be warranted. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stebo said:

I would almost consider a watch and eventual warning for Southern Lower Michigan especially since this is the first snowfall of the year and may be heaviest around Monday Morning rush hour. If things continue to tick upward it would most certainly be warranted. 

Somewhere, probably around port Huron, will get a foot when combined with the lake effect/enhancement. They always do good early during these early ne wind events. 11-26-2002 jumps out I think they got close to 18 inches during that event

4 minutes ago, outflow said:

Somewhere, probably around port Huron, will get a foot when combined with the lake effect/enhancement. They always do good early during these early ne wind events. 11-26-2002 jumps out I think they got close to 18 inches during that event

I'd love a repeat of 02-03s winter that is for sure.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

DTX issued a watch for the Thumb

Their AFD is a bit light though same with GRR. Only talking 2-4" synoptic snow, I hope they don't get too caught up in climo and ignore the atmosphere itself. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Stebo said:

Their AFD is a bit light though same with GRR. Only talking 2-4" synoptic snow, I hope they don't get too caught up in climo and ignore the atmosphere itself. 

IWX's is a little bit more open to higher total then both of there's, saying they'll have to make more changes if trends hold

• Like 1

The 06z guidance so far continues the gradual qpf increase and northward drift of the snow band over here.  Much of the guidance is in the 0.30"-0.40" range for us.  The HRRR is a dry outlier, but I'm guessing it will juice up as we get closer.

Drove into LES territory on my way to North bay yesterday. Winter is locked in up there and snow was pilling up too. Was talking to a local about last winter, her and her husband said they received 16' of the white stuff... There was a foot already where we stood.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Getting very excited for tomorrow. This type of snowstorm and record cold is something I cannot recall seeing before mid November!

I've been lurking and waiting to see how long it would take you to get hyped up. It's absurdly early for a snow event this significant (then again, so was the Halloween snow event for Chicago).

When's the last time DTW saw 4"+ of snow this early in the season?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Powerball said:

I've been lurking and waiting to see how long it would take you to get hyped up. It's absurdly early for a snow event this significant (then again, so was the Halloween snow event for Chicago).

When's the last time DTW saw 4"+ of snow this early in the season?

:lol: Before it existed would be my guess

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, HillsdaleMIWeather said:

12Z GFS continues to tick up the QPF and accums

I would imagine everyone from Chicago-Detroit-Toronto-Buffalo goes to Winter Storm watches/warning and WWA for some with the afternoon updates