Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
November 2019 discussion

weathafella

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

It goes against anything a snow lover wants.  Like someone paid a shit ton of money to make sure it NEVER snows there.  You could get 3 feet out of the sky and nope, wet cobblestones.

Wow, I’ve been amazed at the consensus on this, and fairly astonished that nobody seems to appreciate how fantastic it is to have the heated walkways.  I’d install a system like that at my place in a second if it was practical/economical.  We’re talking about areas that need to be cleared of snow anyway, so why in the world would people want it to fall there and then be required to clear it manually?  Unless you chemically treat (salt) surfaces like that, they’re never really cleared of the remnants of the shoveling process; you end up with various patches of snow and ice all over the place depending on areas of sun and shade, and it looks like crap.  And of course there’s the safety element as well.  PF knows exactly how it looks in the Spruce Peak Village, and I can’t believe the aesthetic isn’t appreciated.  You have picturesque deep snow exactly where it belongs, without the extra lumpy shoveled snowbanks filled with gray snow, gravel, and salt, and then the snow literally stops right where it’s supposed to and you’ve got a pristine walkway to walk on.  It’s far more picturesque, safer, and friendlier to the surrounding grass and other vegetation than the alternative with salting.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, J.Spin said:

Wow, I’ve been amazed at the consensus on this, and fairly astonished that nobody seems to appreciate how fantastic it is to have the heated walkways.  I’d install a system like that at my place in a second if it was practical/economical.  We’re talking about areas that need to be cleared of snow anyway, so why in the world would people want it to fall there and then be required to clear it manually?  Unless you chemically treat (salt) surfaces like that, they’re never really cleared of the remnants of the shoveling process; you end up with various patches of snow and ice all over the place depending on areas of sun and shade, and it looks like crap.  And of course there’s the safety element as well.  PF knows exactly how it looks in the Spruce Peak Village, and I can’t believe the aesthetic isn’t appreciated.  You have picturesque deep snow exactly where it belongs, without the extra lumpy shoveled snowbanks filled with gray snow, gravel, and salt, and then the snow literally stops right where it’s supposed to and you’ve got a pristine walkway to walk on.  It’s far more picturesque, safer, and friendlier to the surrounding grass and other vegetation than the alternative with salting.

While I do enjoy the sound and look of crisp snow underneath your feet, I think having the bare look there is much better than awful salt and sand spread all over the place and looking like crap. I don’t have a big problem with the bare look. I can’t stand salt and sand....it gets everywhere and is a massive pita.

Just now, Lava Rock said:
2 minutes ago, dendrite said:
lol...my comment was mocking LC from over a decade ago on Eastern when he wished an inch of ice upon someone.

I thought it was directed at dit y yesterday. My bad. Carry on

No. Kevin was mentioning Cosgrove so I threw that board inside joke at him. Of course it’s been so long now that many here probably weren’t even here for it...maybe even Kevin since he threw it back at me. lol

1 minute ago, Dr. Dews said:

LC's epic post from Eastern was backlash against weenies who insisted they were going to ice storm, LC disagreed and weenies backlashed strongly. LC had a legit meltdown and ended up wishing not 1", but 2 or 3" of ice somewhere in the Carolinas. 

that guy had the thinnest skin of anyone.    

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

that guy had the thinnest skin of anyone.    

Yeah. I didn't realize he is still around. There were and are much better mets on Eastern and now American. I think it was his pride that got in the way. He is smart but because he was wrong a lot, people didn't put much confidence in his fcsts, etc.