• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
October 2019 Weather Discussion

HoarfrostHubb

Well... suspect I'm dutifully set on ignore due to the endless parade of side-slaps I've been parading out this summer buuuut, for what it won't be seen, .. I've never really even started looking until after the World Series, anyway (save for exception rareness) as a winter enthusiasts.  Thanks giggedy down near PHL if at all.   

I realize the GFS has had some semblance of the +PNAP structure...but even in a GFS reality ..it's not going to synoptically snow.  Sorry.  Not without out major unpredictable advent of chaos mechanics.. we are not going to compensate enough for that compressed HC. 

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, dendrite said:

63F today. Sping has spung?

Last year on this date it looks like we started a 4-day stretch with 2 snow events and MVL never exceeded 40F during those four days.  

Two weeks from now was about when the permanent winter snowpack started in my yard, melting in April.  

Right now we were about to launch straight into winter.  It feels a long ways off right now, ha.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Dews said:

Great for ski areas but meh for the populations. Show me a Dec. 2005 and the rest of the winter can just absolutely blowtorch... we alright with it. 

Not exactly a ski area here, at under 400' elevation, and Feb is easily our snowiest month.  On a per-day average, Feb has 0.82", which is 28% higher than #2 Jan, 0.64".